How Do You Carry Your Squeak?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

How Do You Carry Your Squeak?

Post by Doc Dan »

Hi folks,

how do you all carry your Squeaks? Mine rides in the pocket of my motorcycle jacket most of the time, sans pocket clip. It is perfect because it is friendly to non-knife people (most of the people around here) and I can open and close it discreetly (very important here). Plus, I always have a quality knife with me.

I love these Maniago knives. I wish Spyderco would offer the Squeak in different colors, like olive drab, sky blue, yellow, purple, etc. That way, we could spend all of our money trying to collect them all.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Donut

Post by Donut »

99% of the time I carry mine clipped to my back right pocket.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

I wear cargo pants (or cargo shorts when it's warm), and I almost always have a Squeak loose in my front right pocket with my Vic Climber. It's a great little one-handed utility blade. My Delica 4 (or my PM2 sometimes on weekends) rides in the right side cargo pocket.

I, too, find the Maniago knives to be incredibly well built. I may get flamed for this a bit by some, but I'd actually love to see production of the FRN UKPK sent over to Maniago. I feel this would put UKPK production in a factory that has proven exemplary at making slipits while freeing up some (although maybe not a lot) production capacity in Golden for some of the more desirable models such as the Manix2, PM2, or the newer models like the Native5 LTWT. Just a thought.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Loose in front right pocket or clip in back right pocket :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
steelrat

Post by steelrat »

I carry my public friendly pink one loose in FR pocket :)

Nico.
I've gone CF only: C94CFP UKPK (many thanks to Donut), C113CFPE Caly 3 ZDP189, C144CFPE Caly 3.5 ZDP189, C41CFP Native 4, C123CFP Sage 1, C134CFP Gayle Bradley, C152CFP Chaparral 1, C131CFP Bob Terzuola, C116CFP Superhawk, C101CF90VP2 Manix 2 S90V :)

exceptions: C113GPGY Caly 3 SB, C144GPGY Caly 3.5 SB, C10FPGY Endura SB, C11FPGY Delica SB, 2 x C36GPGY Military Cru-Wear, C154PPN Squeak Pink, MGREP Manbug ZDP189, C12PBN Matriarch brown, C94PBK UKPK

sold: some

looking for: anything CF
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I carry mine clipped inside my front right pocket. I concur with other's comments about the great quality of Maniago made Spyderco's. I have also come to really enjoy the N690 used for the blade steel. Takes a very good utilitarian edge and holds it very well. A couple quick swipes on the medium bench stone and a quick strop on some cardboard and it is back to keeping a patch of my left arm hair missing.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
steelrat

Post by steelrat »

Ferris Wheels wrote:... keeping a patch of my left arm hair missing.
Yeah, I always have difficulties to explain that to non knife people ;)

Nico.
I've gone CF only: C94CFP UKPK (many thanks to Donut), C113CFPE Caly 3 ZDP189, C144CFPE Caly 3.5 ZDP189, C41CFP Native 4, C123CFP Sage 1, C134CFP Gayle Bradley, C152CFP Chaparral 1, C131CFP Bob Terzuola, C116CFP Superhawk, C101CF90VP2 Manix 2 S90V :)

exceptions: C113GPGY Caly 3 SB, C144GPGY Caly 3.5 SB, C10FPGY Endura SB, C11FPGY Delica SB, 2 x C36GPGY Military Cru-Wear, C154PPN Squeak Pink, MGREP Manbug ZDP189, C12PBN Matriarch brown, C94PBK UKPK

sold: some

looking for: anything CF
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

steelrat wrote:Yeah, I always have difficulties to explain that to non knife people ;)

Nico.
That's why, during the winter, I use my leg instead of my arm. That way I don't have to explain.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Mallus

Post by Mallus »

I used to carry my Squeak in the fifth pocket of my jeans, but now I don't carry it at all... Because it's lost. Dang!

It's a very nice knife and I liked it more than I do many of my lockers, despite the facts that I do not have any legal restraints for using locking knives and that I have many with more precious materials. The FRN handle also feels better to the touch than a typical FRN handle and the ergonomics are exceptionally fit for my size 9 mitts.

I'll definitively get a replacement the next time I order some new knives. I wouldn't mind seeing variations on the Squeak pattern, maybe try a local (European) low carbide steel with a well optimized heat threat for high hardness? Sandvik 14C28 or Lohmann Niolox would be nice candidates, as both should yield good high sharpness edge retention if treated right.

A locking version would also be nice - for some reason I have never warmed to Chicago even if it's rather close to Squeak. Different handle colors would also be interesting, my favorite being olive green. Now, that would be even easier to loose, so It'd mean a steady flow of current out to my pocket to Sal's. ;)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am constantly amazed at how many men actually carry a pink Squeak. I have seen a lot of comment on this on other forums. Maybe I should order one for mysel...er, my wife?

I like the N690 Co but I wonder if a yellow handled N680 would be in order? That way, we could have a good salt water knife. This would be a great knife to carry when fishing or beachcombing clipped to my shorts.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050