MT18P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S110V

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

Got my order confirmation email from Golden and a set of Halpern scales on the way. It's been a pretty good day. :)
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

sal wrote: I don't think all of the run was put out at once. We usually add each day until all gone.

sal
Ahh I hope this means there may still be some left. I might get lucky with my phone order this afternoon. If not this'll be the second straight mule I miss.
Molly

Post by Molly »

I've placed my order for 2 mules yesterday in a 5-10 min after they appeared on the website. I've received my Order Notification instantly but still no shipping e-mail... Is this normal? :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Molly wrote:I've placed my order for 2 mules yesterday in a 5-10 min after they appeared on the website. I've received my Order Notification instantly but still no shipping e-mail... Is this normal? :)
I think it's normal. It may be a day or two before they are actually shipped, and then they will send you the shipping email and make the withdrawal from your account or credit card... and then they'll start their looong journey :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MCM

Post by MCM »

This will be my 1st non Co. made mule. But have several Spyderco's from Taichung so its not a problem. Just a little surprised.
I wonder if its a 1200 piece run as its from Taiwan?
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

MCM wrote:This will be my 1st non Co. made mule. But have several Spyderco's from Taichung so its not a problem. Just a little surprised.
I wonder if its a 1200 piece run as its from Taiwan?
There's no way to know. Minimum order quantities are set by the maker, and Spyderco's maker in Taichung has show itself to be a lot more flexible in other ways than the makers they deal with in Japan, so there's no telling how many Spyderco had to commit to. Especially since, if I read his post correctly, Sal said that at least some future Mules with other steels will also be made in Taichung.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

I agree with the thin behind the edge grind concept; the edge bevel is almost invisible. It looks almost like a zero/scandi grind. Now I really wish I would have hopped on this.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

DougC-3 wrote: There's the "shopping cart trick." At some sites, you can enter a bogus huge quantity like 2000 in your shopping cart, and the silly cart, thinking you really want to buy that many, will show you how many are left in stock. But Kristy has asked us not to do it here, because it contributed to bogging down the server and causing some customer hysteria when the last mule and Forum Native5 went on sale. Apparently, dozens of people were doing it over and over to monitor how fast the knives were selling :eek:

The management doesn't necessarily tell us exactly how many were made, especially so soon after they go on sale. I guess it's proprietary information.
Historically, Spyderco has separated web inventory and phone inventory, and has loaded the web inventory in several phases, so the shopping cart trick unfortunately doesn't really give you accurate information.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very nice scales! I'm also surprised to see they are produced in Taiwan
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
nccole

Post by nccole »

I was wondering about the edge as well. Looks like a Phil Wilson edge!
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

My Sage 1's are made in Taiwan and the quality of them is beyond reproach. If they made these at the same place so much the better as far as I'm concerned. I got my 2 mules, scales plus extras from Halpern, and sheaths from Sheathpro all ordered. Come on USPS! come on!!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

Doug C-3 Thanks for responding to my comments. I've mentioned before that when I'm carrying a Spydie made with S30V or one of the other CPM steels, I grin a bit as I drive by Crucible. (I-690 runs right past the mill.)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

BUM!!!! Missed, sold out in a couple of days........Bum again!! :( :( :( :( :(
Tom
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

toomzz wrote:BUM!!!! Missed, sold out in a couple of days........Bum again!! :( :( :( :( :(
I would keep an eye on the stie Tomas. As mentioned here in a few posts, they trickle out as the days go on. I don't think yesterday was the last of the real amount in stock.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

The only gripe I've ever had with Spyderco's Taiwanese knives (including this mule) is that the edges are not rounded off most of the time. I've actually cut my self on the Spyderhole of my Gayle Bradley while closing it before. The Southard is nice and rounded off, why can't all the other knives be? I don't think its the stonewash, because ever Golden Spydie I've had has never had sharp edges, no matter the finish. Still super excited for this mule though
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Strong-Dog wrote:The only gripe I've ever had with Spyderco's Taiwanese knives (including this mule) is that the edges are not rounded off most of the time. I've actually cut my self on the Spyderhole of my Gayle Bradley while closing it before. The Southard is nice and rounded off, why can't all the other knives be? I don't think its the stonewash, because ever Golden Spydie I've had has never had sharp edges, no matter the finish. Still super excited for this mule though
I believe that I've read, at least in the case of the Gayle Bradley, that the spyderhole edge is left sharp so that it can be opened easier with gloves, as the design lends itself to gloved usage. The bite from the edge makes it catch better. You can, however, use the sharpmaker to round the edges down if you don't like it. If the edges came rounded, it would take significantly more work to make those edges sharp if you needed the extra purchase for opening with gloves.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com