Looking For a Narrow 3"ish Spyderco Folder

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

gbelleh wrote:Narrowness and thinness would get very different suggestions. Lots of very thin Spydies. Not so many very narrow ones.
Exactly
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

Try the Delica. Just under 3-inch blade, very reasonably priced, proven design, and an excellent steel with a well-done heat treat. Slim, light, plenty tough for 95%+ of EDC knife uses, and it has a readily available trainer if you ever get the hankering for some training.
CrazyKorean13

Post by CrazyKorean13 »

I agree that the centofante will be a good choice. Had that model for a few years and I gave it to buddy for his deployment to Iraq. Maybe a Delica (waved is a good choice) and the Sage series will be in the ballpark. Happy Hunting!!! :spyder:
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

Sorry I didn't specify what I meant by "narrow", I mean the distance from the outside of the left scale to the outside of the right scale.

Thanks for all the replies!
JD Spydo

C-25 & C-50 Centofante were the best Narrow Spyders IMO

Post by JD Spydo »

If they would do a Sprint run of the older C-25 and/or C-50 Centofante models in both PE & SE I think that would truly be an excellent choice for a very usable narrow blade.

I also loved the JD Smith and Des Horn models for narrow bladed users.

But to me the C-25 & C-50 Centofante models were 2 of the most functional Spyders I ever used.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

What is your price point? I would say either the Centofante 3 or if you want to spend more the Centofante Memory. If you are ok with sub 3 inches then Chaparall is quite thin and capable.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
Mick

Post by Mick »

The G-10 Spyderco Rookie (3" blade) is one of the thinnest folders I own. Unfortunately, it's currently out of production but you can sometimes find them on ebay.

here's a link to a thread with great pics of the Rookie from all angles.

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... d-Pictures
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

MatthewSB wrote:Sorry I didn't specify what I meant by "narrow", I mean the distance from the outside of the left scale to the outside of the right scale.

In that case, you may want to look a this thread which lists the thickness of 98 Spyderco models past and present.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

MatthewSB wrote:Sorry I didn't specify what I meant by "narrow", I mean the distance from the outside of the left scale to the outside of the right scale.

If that's the case either the Caly3 ZDP or the Delica 4 would be ideal, depending on what you're willing to spend!? :)
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

MatthewSB wrote:I want to get him a Spyderco, but it must be narrow, and the smoother sided the better...
The Sage 2 would fit the bill nicely here. It's a little more slender than the Sage 1 and those titanium slabs are smooth like buttah...
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

Thanks for all the help guys :)

I'll update when I get something....
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:I am with Paul:... Centofante memory.
Yep, that's my choice. Outstanding knife in every way.

Ken
玉鋼
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

The Deacon wrote:If you're talking narrow, rather than thin, your best bets would be the Centofante Memory and the Des Horn. If you can wait a bit, there's also a new 3" bladed Kiwi coming out sometime this year.
Ohhhhhh I can't wait for that kiwi!! Want! If they produced it in a SE version I would just. Ohh man Oh jeez i would be all over that knife and it would probably be my most favorite little big knife ever!
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
BT-Blades

Post by BT-Blades »

I would recomend the Sage 1. It's thin, narrow, light, and a great EDC knife! And you won't break the bank getting it! :)

Next I would reccomend the Caly 3 or 3.5. Everyone seems to love them! I'm actually going to get the Caly 3.5 ZDP-189 version myself.