I'm going to say my top 3 right now. Too hard to figure out my top 3 of all time.
In no particular order;
My plain old FRN Dragonfly 2, my work knife. Comes with me everyday and gets subjected to way more abuse than it deserves. Once every week or so I touch it up, finish it on the strops and than back to work. Hasn't let me down yet.
dbcad wrote:Change is the only constant...
...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance;)
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
Yeah, I know I listed 4, but the last two are always battling it out in my head and I go back and forth between which I like better. The Southard is a huge surprise for me in that I think I may like it overall more than either the Para 2 or Manix 2, despite the fact that it doesn't slice quite as well as either one, it does have a few attributes that put it a step above the others for me. The Yo 2 is just about as perfect as I can make a knife. The only thing I would change is maybe giving the blade a very small amount of belly like the Manix 2 has, just for the sake of making it a bit more versatile as an EDC. Otherwise it's about perfect for EDC for me.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
For Me. I would say:
1) Manix2 CPM-M4- Love the ball bearing lock and M4; Great EDC
2) Para2 CTS-204P- Smaller version of the great cutting Millie blade, compression lock is awesome, still gaining experience with CTS-204P
3) Sage2- An unassuming folder, great for when I travel, the S30V and Ti cope well with swimming
Ugh, I hate this question. It's like that test in your dreams where you show up in your underwear, and everyone's fat.
These are my current favorites. This changes almost weekly.
1. Lava Blue G-10: I've bought little-big knives specifically to replace this, but I can't. This knife is almost always on me. With a Ball-Bearing or Frame-Lock, it would be my perfect EDC knife.
2. Yojimbo2: Such a scary, straight-to-the-point juggernaut of a knife. It's like the 1st Alien movie in modern metal form. You're never safe.
2. Dodo CF: Fun to carry, but also surprisingly useful.