Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

For me, the MPR was **** near unbearable in the pocket due to its overall width/height, as well as the tab on the side of the clip that contacts your pants. Primary reason I decided to give it a shot was it has m390, which, due to the blade's geometry sorta renders the higher wear resistance moot...at least to me. Don't get me wrong, it's a well-made, solid little turd of a knife, just isn't suitable for my needs.

Adam
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Woah!!! That thing is THICK! I can't imagine how that must carry! :eek:
:bug-red-white
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

gbelleh wrote:Woah!!! That thing is THICK! I can't imagine how that must carry! :eek:
Put a brick in your pants pocket, now you know!

I handled a MPR at a local shop and I thought I would like it but I really didn't. Techno is slim by comparison.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Do you have anything you can compare it to, like a Sage, Dragonfly, etc?
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

this_is_nascar wrote:Do you have anything you can compare it to, like a Sage, Dragonfly, etc?

Go back a page... John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Revival

Post by Revival »

I appreciate the info and pics guys. I went from "that thing is ugly" to "I think I want one" in 1 day. :D Im still reading reading reviews and watching videos on it. You guys do seem to love it so its only a matter of time before I get one and hopefully its soon! Feel free to keep adding info and pics.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

The knife is a beautiful tank! The stonewashed blade is real nice. Thick blade can cut down a 2-3in. sapling no problem, while still doing some finer slicing! Carries very well in pocket. Not too heavy. Fit and finish are top notch! Love it!!! :)
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

trevitace wrote:Here you go, nascar.
Thanks for the pics. They help a bunch.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
Revival

Post by Revival »

Is it me or the techno prices went up. Everywhere I looked is $180+. I thought it was in the $150 range?
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

In December I noticed $155-170 prices, haven't checked lately though. Don't need a second one.... yet.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

$160.68 shipped, from a "Top Rated Plus" distributor on eBay. That's the cheapest on eBay.
Revival

Post by Revival »

I have a Techno on the way. Ill see what the hype is all about !
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Revival wrote:I have a Techno on the way. Ill see what the hype is all about !
I think you will like this knife! You'll see what everyone is talking about. :)
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Revival wrote:I have a Techno on the way. Ill see what the hype is all about !
Be sure to post about it.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Just got my new Techno and I am really excited about this one. I have been so satisfied with my Caly 3.5 of late I have not carried or really been obsessing about many other knives. Well since it has been a while, my purchase impulse started kicking in and I started looking at spydies I don't have but wanted. I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Bradley folder but ran across a good deal on this techno and picked one up. As far as first impressions, I think I am really going to like this one. I never really warmed up fully to the dfly due to the short radius of the blade and handle size, but I think the techno hits it about perfect for a small folder. And sure, I don't need a 4.5mm thick chunk of steel, but I don't need the beautiful stonewashed ti handle slabs or geared blue backspacer either, but I love all these features. I haven't cut much (other than decimating the shipping box) I think it will work just fine for my office/general edc needs. I also picked up a lanyard bead and some blue cord to make a lanyard, thinking I may end up taking off the clip and letting this one ride in the pocket.[ATTACH]23412[/ATTACH]
Attachments
techno.jpg
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Congratulations.
Revival

Post by Revival »

Nice little set up. Congrats on the new knife. I love my Techno as well!
texashawk50

Post by texashawk50 »

Ordered mine today from Walmart online for $157 and free shipping to my local store for pickup. "Hey honey going to Walmart to pick up some bread" "wink-wink"
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texashawk50

Post by texashawk50 »

I have bought most of my spydies from wally world. I am sure of the quality. Just good prices. I can see your concern though.