Native 5 s35vn

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheRaven

Native 5 s35vn

Post by TheRaven »

The only place I saw them for sale was sleasebay. All the regular dealers appear soldout. Will dealers receive new stock anytime soon?
Leon

Post by Leon »

I hope so!!
I've been searching for one as well..it's nowhere to be found..esp in Canada :(
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Certainly. It is production knife. Will be more.
Also watch BF "for sale" section. If you are planning to use, even better to buy lightly used. This will save you $30-40.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JungleJim65

Post by JungleJim65 »

I just saw one on BF sell for $100 a day or 2 ago.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I bought one off eBay for less than normal retail last year. If it's a user, you can find good deals on used Spydies there.

It's a great knife, BTW. And there's supposed to be an s110v version coming down the pipe as a regular catalog item.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Leon wrote:I hope so!!
You missed one on the BF exchange it was in Canada and I think it was $90 LNIB maybe 2 weeks ago. It is worth keeping an eye on, I am always amazed at what comes up on there.
Leon

Post by Leon »

DRKBC wrote:You missed one on the BF exchange it was in Canada and I think it was $90 LNIB maybe 2 weeks ago. It is worth keeping an eye on, I am always amazed at what comes up on there.
damnit..yea I will start keeping an eye on that
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Leon wrote:I hope so!!
I bought one not quite 3 weeks ago locally. That said though, they do seem to be harder to find lately. My local knife store still has a CruWear Millitary, which I find hard to believe. If it was in the Para-Military 2 platform I'd have bought it for sure...Military is a little larger than I need and it was still mighty tempting.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Revival

Post by Revival »

I traded my Native 5 couple weeks ago. I am starting to miss it.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

TomAiello wrote:And there's supposed to be an s110v version coming down the pipe as a regular catalog item.
CF/S110V should be out in (near) future, but like Fluted Native5 this will be limited production, which doesn't sound like easy available. I EDC Forum Native since they came out and have a lot of respect to S110V, still consider S35VN pretty good steel.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Revival wrote:I traded my Native 5 couple weeks ago.
heretic :(
What did you get? :)

Leon

Post by Leon »

I contacted my spyderco dealer and he said it's almost a year that they've had the native5 on backorder.. With no ETA.. :(
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

If you plan on using it (i.e. don't care if it will get scratches) National Knives shows to have one of the fluted Ti Native 5's in stock, but it has a scratch on the blade. I'm not sure how bad the scratch is, you can request a pic to be sent to you.

The fluted Ti Natives are heavier than the G10, but sure are pretty :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Leon

Post by Leon »

Thanks for the info, but I'm looking for the g10 model
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm tempted to buy that fluted Ti and then do a blade swap and put my s110v forum knife blade into it....hmmm.
Holland

Post by Holland »

i would highly recommend buying used if its gonna be a user. it will most likely still be in good shape, and will be much easier to use the way it deserves to be. not to mention the price savings :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Leon

Post by Leon »

Holland wrote:i would highly recommend buying used if its gonna be a user. it will most likely still be in good shape, and will be much easier to use the way it deserves to be. not to mention the price savings :D
Agreed!
Ive been checking BF everyday hoping it comes up
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

TomAiello wrote:I'm tempted to buy that fluted Ti and then do a blade swap and put my s110v forum knife blade into it....hmmm.
Blade swaps with a lockback can be questionable. You could probably do a scale swap, though, and keep the mating lock parts together.

I bought one of these after being unexpectedly pleased with the Forum Native 5. Surprisingly, the one I found about a month ago had a label on the box showing a June 2012 date on it. Talk about new old stock...
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I just bought one on EDCF.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

They do indeed seem to be scarce on the market these days, eBay and the forums seem to be the only avenue. I wonder if there's a general holdup on the entire Native 5 line... I also keep getting emails the last few weeks from GPKnives to make sure my payment info is up to date for my peel ply CF/S110V preorder. Maybe that's a good sign the dam will break soon on the supply lines?

Good luck finding one, they rock! My favorite by far is the 2013 forum knife, it seems to be a much smoother operator than my S35VN ones. With the insane blade steel on it too, it's worth saving up and getting that one over the standard black G10 version, IMHO. Cheers.

P.S. Just couldn't resist adding a pic of my N4/N5 family. :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King