Please reintroduce Aqua Salt? =)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Please reintroduce Aqua Salt? =)

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Please reintroduce the Spyderco Aqua Salt? One of the greatest knives ever designed, invented, and produced. This would be a great thing :)

Any thoughts? Others agree?
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

If be up for one. Or two..
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I'm in the middle of a move and the Aqua is the only "kitchen" knife I've used for what will be 4 weeks. It is the serrated version, and after using it exclusively now, I wonder why I have a set of kitchen knives at all. The Aqua is ergonomic and has maintained a tomato slicing edge like none other.

I'm very glad I picked up mine when I did. I don't need another, but would highly recommend them to anyone. It is the PERFECT camping cooking knife!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I totally agree! there really isn't anything in the Spyderco line-up that replaced it. Please bring it back!
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

There was one for sale on BF a few days ago...not sure if it's still there. It would make a great camping knife.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Of all my Spydies this is my most hard used knife. Certainly in my top 3 favorite Spyderco's (and I have many). Have multiples of both the PE and SE in both colors. One of each stays on my boat. When people not familiar with this knife pick one up and use it, they always comment on how great it is. Have given several of these as gifts to family members and close friends. The ergos are great, the blade shape and handles superb. Thank you Sal for designing and marketing such a fantastic knife. Around the salt water environment they are the best. I only wish this knife would have been available 25 years earlier when I commercial fished. This knife is on my must have list. Good luck to those searching and finding this knife, you won't be disappointed.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

I would buy one. Have been looking for 6 months and still can't find one I like to buy at a good price. Yes to a run of salts!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Not really a replacement, but the yellow Sheepsfoot Enuff looks like a solid water knife. I like the extra length and heft of the Aqua, but the scales on the Enuff are terrific...

TedP

.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

phillipsted wrote:Not really a replacement, but the yellow Sheepsfoot Enuff looks like a solid water knife. I like the extra length and heft of the Aqua, but the scales on the Enuff are terrific...

TedP

If they made the drop point in H1 you'd be talking.
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

The Aqua Salt is one of those knives that I didn't buy when they were available, and can't understand now why I didn't.
I would definitely like to see them return, but I suspect slow sales is why they have been discontinued.

Tom
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Traded my PE one for a SE Pacific. The sheath is a bit meh and I prefer the serrated one over PE. Out of seawater there are much better alternatives imho.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

[ATTACH]23179[/ATTACH]

PE Salt, prefer the SE for bait cutting and gutting fish to pack
Attachments
aqua salt.jpg
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

[ATTACH]23180[/ATTACH]

This from the Spyderco website. The SE of this model gets crazy sharp. Pretty clear I'm not a photographer :o
Attachments
aqua salt2.jpg
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I meant to get one and didn't do it when they were available. One of my few regrets over missing a knife. Yellow SE, please.