Received new Chaparral 3 today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eric m.

Received new Chaparral 3 today!

Post by eric m. »

My Chap 3 was delivered today! I know a lot of you are turned off by the price, but it truly is a functional work of art! F&F is right up there with Spyderco standards! It really is amazing that Sal said all the cuts are straight cuts, giving the appearance of circular cuts. Lockup is rock solid with a loud snap accompanying blade lock. The blade is dead centered. There is a hot spot for me behind the choil when gripping in that manner, but not a big deal! Definitely worth it for me. Spyderco could be entering new territory here! :)
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Pics or it didn't happen :)
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, we need some pics!
:bug-red-white
Holland

Post by Holland »

Pics pics pics pics :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Congrats, Eric! Sounds like a beauty.

So... How about some pics then? :D ;) :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Congrats!! Score!!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

SpyderNut wrote:Congrats, Eric! Sounds like a beauty.

So... How about some pics then? :D ;) :)
Everyone knows I'm technologically challenged in this area! I don't even own a cell phone! So no pics, but it did happen! Sorry to all who want pics! See pics on the other thread, especially Mr Blonde's photos. :(
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wow. Guess it didn't happen lol.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

Cool story, bro! :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Wow. Guess it didn't happen lol.
Hahah :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Holland wrote:Hahah :D
You know, it's so easy on these social media sites to treat people with disrespect! Anyone that knows me knows I'm not a liar! I have no reason to-period! I was the one that started the thread that the Chap 3 became available and where it could be had, for the benefit of you people! I hope you don't talk to people in person like some of you talk to each other here, because what you DON'T SEE in their pocket or under their jacket will put some manners on you real quick! Just some friendly advice, take it or leave it! You know, my 1st Sebenza came in the other day and I was going to share, but suddenly I don't really feel like it.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

vaisforlovers wrote:Pics or it didn't happen :)
Eric,

My sincerest apology if I upset you or questioned your integrity. My intent was to let you know I wanted to see pics and share in your excitement. In no way did I mean to really question your honesty. Of course I believe you and am excited for you.

Though I can't speak for them, I don't think anyone else is questioning your integrity either. They were just going along with the "pics or it didn't happen :) " theme, which seemed to be their way of voicing disappointment in not seeing pictures of this long awaited knife. They did not seem to me to be actually questioning your honesty.

Once again, if I caused offense, I apologize.

James.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Eric, Paul here. Don't let these guys' (bad) attempts at humor get you, no one means any ill will or disrespect here! We (at least I) know that you and some others don't post pics, but we certainly don't disbelieve you. I am pretty impressed you already took the plunge with this Chap 3, and since I was the one who asked about people's opinions on CRK knives like your new Sebbie in your other thread, at least some of us would like to hear your opinions about it, especially compared to some Spydies. So what do you think? What CRK did you get? Cheers and have a great day, Paul :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Donut

Post by Donut »

vaisforlovers wrote:Eric,

My sincerest apology if I upset you or questioned your integrity. My intent was to let you know I wanted to see pics and share in your excitement. In no way did I mean to really question your honesty. Of course I believe you and am excited for you.

Though I can't speak for them, I don't think anyone else is questioning your integrity either. They were just going along with the "pics or it didn't happen :) " theme, which seemed to be their way of voicing disappointment in not seeing pictures of this long awaited knife. They did not seem to me to be actually questioning your honesty.

Once again, if I caused offense, I apologize.

James.
Yeah, my opinion is that I would rather see an "in the wild" picture than read that you have the knife. You know the old saying, "A picture is worth 1,000 words." I think in this case you could write 1,000 words and it wouldn't come close to replacing a picture.

I can tell 100 people that someone "said" they have something. How many out of that 100 will believe it? If I show someone that you posted a picture of it, there will be no doubt.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Holland

Post by Holland »

eric m. wrote:You know, it's so easy on these social media sites to treat people with disrespect! Anyone that knows me knows I'm not a liar! I have no reason to-period! I was the one that started the thread that the Chap 3 became available and where it could be had, for the benefit of you people! I hope you don't talk to people in person like some of you talk to each other here, because what you DON'T SEE in their pocket or under their jacket will put some manners on you real quick! Just some friendly advice, take it or leave it! You know, my 1st Sebenza came in the other day and I was going to share, but suddenly I don't really feel like it.
I don't think anyone was questioning whether u actually bought it or not. Just giving u a heard time. It's hard to tell sarcasm over the internet
-Spencer

Rotation:
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I want one...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Hey man, I think people are just busting on ya. I wouldn't take it personal. It is just as easy to BS on the web as it is to be a jerk on the web so we all need to keep our guard up but the folks on here seem to have good intentions and I think they are just messing with ya.

You should get a cell phone though. Mine has come in handy in some emergencies and I can think of a few people who either would not be here or may not be here if I didn't have one. I've used it to call for help a few times and once while 2000 miles from home I used it to find a 24hr emergency vet to do surgery on my dog at 1am while still traveling. He made it because I had GPS on my phone. My phone and the camera built into it are the most important piece of EDC gear that I own. If you are ever witness to a crime start snapping pics because you are your own best witness. A knife, a lighter, a flashlight and that phone/camera are my quarenteed EDC every day no matter what. Safety first and be prepared!

Congrats on the knife, I've seen it in person and it is very nice. To expensive for me but that is all TI knives. :-)

Darby
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

eric m. wrote:Everyone knows I'm technologically challenged in this area! I don't even own a cell phone! So no pics, but it did happen! Sorry to all who want pics! See pics on the other thread, especially Mr Blonde's photos. :(
Do you have the means to take pictures but don't understand how to upload them to the internet? Not trying to provoke you, I'm genuinely curious. We can probably assist you in learning how to do it easily.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

As others have mentioned, "pics or it didn't happen" is a very common way fellow forumites good naturedy tease each other. Not a single one of us was questioning your integrity.

We just like to see pics of brand new models in the wild! Enjoy your Chap 3!
:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Wow. Guess it didn't happen lol.
I believed you 100%. I just like seeing pics of these knives is all. Enjoy your Chap. Hope there's no hard feelings. And a side note I would have to say I disagree with your comment on how others treat one another around here. This is pretty much the friendliest place on the internet I've ever found.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra