Shot Show 2014?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Chaparral is proof that smaller isn't always cheaper.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

GPKnivea put up an image on Instagram of a smaller version of the Lionspy earlier today.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

klug932000 wrote:Man I hope it's "affordable"
I would be very surprised if it came in at a price point much lower than the current Domino. The dice is going to almost the same amount of labor per unit to produce and you are only using marginally less materials.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
God'sMyJudge

Post by God'sMyJudge »

man that mini-lionspy and blue cf domino look fantastic. i was hot on the firefly from the catalog, but it looks unappealing in that pic.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

That's funny, I kind of like the Firefly more now based on that picture.

An SR-2 sized Lion Spy makes sense. It looks like 2014 should be pretty interesting.
:bug-red-white
remnar

Post by remnar »

gbelleh wrote:That's funny, I kind of like the Firefly more now based on that picture.

An SR-2 sized Lion Spy makes sense. It looks like 2014 should be pretty interesting.
My thoughts exactly. That photo of the Firefly makes it a little more appealing to me. The Lion Spy Jr. looks great. The Domino, well, it should be here any day now. :D
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Firefly looks better in that picture, but I still feel like the orange and CF clash. Replace it with black G-10 and I would like it 10x more.

Smaller lionspy makes so much sense. Really dig that.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Downsized Lion spy would be a very interesting addition to the line up. So much already this year surfacing that was not in the catalog!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

That photo seems to confirm that the blue CF laminate is actually a blue version of the twill used on the Sage I, Chaparral 1, and a number of other Taichung models rather than something with a LSCF type wire in it. It's rather attractive, wouldn't mind seeing it on a Chaparral or Sage 4.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wanted to like the Lionspy, I just don't have much use for a blade with the tip that high. I bet it makes a great skinner though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

The Deacon wrote:That photo seems to confirm that the blue CF laminate is actually a blue version of the twill used on the Sage I, Chaparral 1, and a number of other Taichung models rather than something with a LSCF type wire in it. It's rather attractive, wouldn't mind seeing it on a Chaparral or Sage 4.
If that's the case, I'm really going into the poor house! :(
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

OoOoOo the dice!!! Need an ETA!! so i can save!!
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I don't remember last year's Shot Show thread having so many "reveals". I like it! Especially the Dice!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I think that from that picture the Firefly looks really cheap and not very well done...It has lost even more appeal to me now.

It should have been a Taichung made knife for sure.
On the hunt for...
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

Love the di but the firefly looks pretty ugly in my opinion. Is the dice going to be a 2014 release?
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Deacon wrote:That photo seems to confirm that the blue CF laminate is actually a blue version of the twill used on the Sage I, Chaparral 1, and a number of other Taichung models rather than something with a LSCF type wire in it. It's rather attractive, wouldn't mind seeing it on a Chaparral or Sage 4.
I put some pics up in the blue CF thread about this scale. I don't have a Chap 1 or Sage 1 (I know, the horror), so I can't say if it's the same or not, but it doesn't seem to be the same material as say the CF Stretch. What else has the Chap/Sage 1 CF? Maybe I have something else with it so I can compare...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
knolan

Post by knolan »

Love the Dice, especially since it retains the Domino's XHP! Stayed away from the Domino simply because it was bigger than I like and IMO the Dice has a better looking CF scale. Really disliked the Domino's scale pattern.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

the Dice gonna be like a dragonfly flipper? If so, gonna have to pick it up if it's < $100
dres_x

Post by dres_x »

Oh man the dice is exactly what I've been waiting for! Any ETA on it? Now I'll have to pick between the kiwi4 and this >.<