Who wants another Southard collaboration?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nmihai

Post by nmihai »

The hawkbill looks amazing. It would be a winner !
Matters of great concern should be treated lightly.Matters of small concern should be treated seriously
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

If I could ever get a full custom Tarsus I would never need to buy another knife...I would, but it would likely be a long time before it ever left my hand, pocket, under my pillow at night...

I would also really love a Downing Hawkbill with a really thick liner lock. I said once, that I have never wanted a hawkbill until I saw the Downing, and now that I have seen it, I don't want any hawkbill but a Downing...
On the hunt for...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

nmihai wrote:The hawkbill looks amazing. It would be a winner !
Most excellent looking. Brad's website and work is just phenomenal, there are several models I'd love to see him team up with Spyderco again. I just love the Southard.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Holland

Post by Holland »

xceptnl wrote:I would be very interested in the smaller models shown below from Brad's old thread here

THESE I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RESIST. I think Evil D would agree.

I would need to buy any of these <3inch models! especially the last photo, those look amazing
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Those last two look like an Air and Kiwi got together! Interesting looking scales on them too.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

I love the idea of a smaller 3" option, or less. Love Southard's work!
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I think that hawkbill is nice, but it would be the same as asking for the dragonfly hawkbill. I would want the dragonfly more.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Yes, this:

FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

^
Yes that, and several others. The man makes a great knife.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

xceptnl wrote:THESE I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RESIST. I think Evil D would agree.

Yep. Evil D approved. I remember when Brad posted those pics, I even considered getting a custom done.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

I honestly haven't seen a design from Brad that I haven't liked. They all look like they have great ergonomics, simply but beautiful designs and would be practical for everyday use. Some custom designers out there make what look like incredible knives but are not something you would probably ever actually carry and cut stuff with. Really the only problem is that he is so highly sought after that it's very difficult to get on his books and the secondary market prices for his stuff are just sky-high.

I do sincerely hope that he hooks up with Spyderco again in the future to do another design. Something like the Downing would be a perfect production run. I mean, look at it, it's practically a Spyderco already!

Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Yes, this exactly! Just send the specs to Taichung as it is. I can't tell you how many of my knives I'd sell to get one of these.

Syncharmony wrote:I honestly haven't seen a design from Brad that I haven't liked. They all look like they have great ergonomics, simply but beautiful designs and would be practical for everyday use. Some custom designers out there make what look like incredible knives but are not something you would probably ever actually carry and cut stuff with. Really the only problem is that he is so highly sought after that it's very difficult to get on his books and the secondary market prices for his stuff are just sky-high.

I do sincerely hope that he hooks up with Spyderco again in the future to do another design. Something like the Downing would be a perfect production run. I mean, look at it, it's practically a Spyderco already!

Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Wow beautiful knives. Southard is still on my list but I'll have one in the year 2014!
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

Awesome knives, I can't wait for more collaborations with this great designer.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

xceptnl wrote:I would be very interested in the smaller models shown below from Brad's old thread here

THESE I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RESIST. I think Evil D would agree.

Superb. Every one of them.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpeedHoles

Re: Who wants another Southard collaboration?

Post by SpeedHoles »

Well, looks like another Southard may be coming in the form of a wharnie! Really excited to see his collabs continuing!

^ Man that orange one posted just above looks reminiscent of how a custom dragonfly hawkbill might look in my eyes! So cool!
Going back to Caly.
PayneTrain

Re: Who wants another Southard collaboration?

Post by PayneTrain »

The guy totally gets me. I don't know what it is about his knives, but they are gorgeous in a way that no other maker's knives are that I've seen. I can't wait to see what's next from his work with Spyderco.