A Spyderco Close Quarter Combat dagger?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Daggers, switchblades, etc., are perfectly legal to carry in some states. :)
:bug-red-white
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

Ignaz wrote:But that's the only purpose of a dagger. Besides maybe collecting. But I prefer to use all of my knives
You could keep one edge toothy for rougher tasks like cutting cardboard and another edge polished for fine tasks.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks for sharing your ideas and congratulations on your design. Like my forespeakers already mentioned, a double edged knife is illegal almost everywhere, but I do appreciate the cool looks of the knife.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

dialex wrote:Thanks for sharing your ideas and congratulations on your design. Like my forespeakers already mentioned, a double edged knife is illegal almost everywhere, but I do appreciate the cool looks of the knife.
Huge difference between carrying and owning. One can buy a double-edged knife in many jurisdictions.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Milkman wrote:You could keep one edge toothy for rougher tasks like cutting cardboard and another edge polished for fine tasks.
Serrated on one side and plain edge on the other? Might make it less good at stabby, but more good for cutty.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I honestly don't get the whole self defense knife market. I'd rather shoot someone. Most people wouldn't be able to cut or stab someone in SD anyway if it came down to it. Way too intimate.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

enduraguy wrote:I honestly don't get the whole self defense knife market. I'd rather shoot someone. Most people wouldn't be able to cut or stab someone in SD anyway if it came down to it. Way too intimate.
Lots of reasons. Easier to carry a knife than a gun. Some areas guns are very illegal and knives are less so. In the Philippines with the current political wind, you go to jail for carrying a gun without proper papers(very hard to get). A knife will just be confiscated if you're caught.
Bill1170 wrote:Needs a hole.
Yep, the hole will be in the knifee. ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Officer Gigglez wrote:That's a boot dagger more than a fighting dagger. And it needs a hole, and it needs a pointier tip, IMO. Its also worth noting that it is illegal to have a double edged blade, including daggers.
Not in Canada.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

enduraguy wrote:I honestly don't get the whole self defense knife market. I'd rather shoot someone. Most people wouldn't be able to cut or stab someone in SD anyway if it came down to it. Way too intimate.
Not everyone can carry a gun legally. Sometimes people have to go into gun free zones leaving their firearm behind. Better to have a knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi all :-) Here we are: VIPERA dagger with guard holes and narrower point...

Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Martin wrote:Hi all :-) Here we are: VIPERA dagger with guard holes and narrower point...

No, no... You're doing it wrong. One hole, just on the upper-guard. ;)
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Can't always use a gun lad. Simple as that.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Looks good. Still not pointy enough though. ;)
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

It needs one hole in the center of the blade, where the logo is. :)

Tom
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Blade reminds me of the old Western Boot Daggers. Just spitballing ideas for fun - orient logo so it is point to hilt with trademark hole in center of mouth. Scallop the handle scales near guard for thumb placement. Round edges of scales for comfort. Offer a serrated upper edge.

Don't see it happening as it is a limited market and double edged knives are illegal in a lot of places - but they are cool.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I really like the design! I think also a lanyard hole on the pommel would be a nice addition too
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!