You know you're a Spyderco lover when.......

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

When your spare room is stacked with small priority mail boxes that are just opened on one side that keep stacking because garbage day is only once a week.When you spend more time sharpening and toying with your Spydercos than you spend taking to your wife.Yep sure tell tale sign....
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

When the only folding knives you are really tempted to buy have a hole in their blades.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:......you can convince yourself you even need one for your bathrobe pocket...
Tasman Salt. Don't drop the soap.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Syncharmony wrote:I hate it when I see a place actually selling some Spydercos and then I look at the price and it's so grossly overinflated I just can't justify it. For example, Cabela's selling the Military for $220. The normal G-10 military.... Pisses me off since I have a gift card there from the holidays and would like to spend it on a knife, but it just doesn't make sense.
Yep. Field & Stream just opened up by me, has a great selection, all at or over MSRP. I'd just assume order directly from SFO if I'm gonna pay that much.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

SpyderNut wrote:When you look at every single person's right/left pocket and try to determine if they're carrying a knife--and if so, whether it's a Spyderco.
I'm guilty.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

When you shave with your pocket knife.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

.... when you have a knife on order, and to pass the time while waiting for delivery, you browse your favorite dealers, and order yet another one.

.... when you had to buy a tool chest to hold all your Spydies, and you've filled all its drawers to overflowing.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

rodloos wrote:.... when you had to buy a tool chest to hold all your Spydies, and you've filled all its drawers to overflowing.
Guilty!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Bill1170 wrote:When the only folding knives you are really tempted to buy have a hole in their blades.
When you contemplate putting a Sebenza under the drill press because you think it needs a thumb hole...
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

When you handle one of your friends cheap-o knives and expect it to not be a piece of crap
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

... when you have drawers full of red and black boxes, and you don't know why you're keeping them.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

When you gaze at the stars and notice that one of the constellations looks like an Endura...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

xceptnl wrote:Guilty!
Well on my way! :) :spyder:
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Jazz wrote:... when you have drawers full of red and black boxes, and you don't know why you're keeping them.
Guilty
xceptnl wrote:or when you get to work, or when you can talk the wife into driving while you sit in the passengers seat and post via smartphone (or so I have heard :rolleyes :)
Guilty
Blue Possum wrote:When a package arrives for you and your 8 daughter says.... that is another knife isn't daddy....why daddy ?? I am going to tell mom you got another one....
Guilty, except it is my son.
Liquid Cobra wrote:...when you decide what knife to carry that day, and then decide on the pants that will work with it.
Guilty

...when your wife calls the Spyderco Forums "Your Knife Facebook"

...when your wife says she'd rather have you surfing adult websites than "your knife sites" (meaning the forums here).

...when you tell your family you want to go to Colorado on vacation soon, lauding the slopes, the mountains, the microbrews etc, but when secretly it is because you want to visit Golden. :D
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

DRKBC wrote:I am not yet ready to admit my addiction, I still get up and go to work every morning so I am fine. I use to knit but I was forced to give that up on the request of my wife and children ... why I still don't know.

LOL, hilarious!! Those border on disturbing!! ;) Thank your wife and kids for us!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

.......you go on vacation or are away for a long time, and the first thing you do when you get home (after the obligatory kisses to wife and kids) is to go check on your knife collection and handle a half dozen of them until you feel better...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

Evil D wrote:Tasman Salt. Don't drop the soap.
Or drop the Tasman, eh David? ;) Sorry, hopefully you've now accepted your loss after these many months. Did you ever replace that after donating yours to the ocean?
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

This thread is awesome!
My wife just left the room because she said I was laughing too hard!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

When the wife looks over your shoulder as you browse a knife website and says "That's a nice Spydie....Get it"

When the wife insists that every set of keys in the house needs to have a Bug attached as a keyring.

When people nearly die of shock if you reply "Err....No, I haven't actually got a Spyderco on me"
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
nccole

Post by nccole »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:......you can convince yourself you even need one for your bathrobe pocket...
It could double as one to carry while jogging or riding your bike as light weight would surely be a requirement. I was thinking the other day about hanging a Dragonfly Salt in the shower, but decided that was a bit ridiculous. I do however keep one at work, and one in my car and my wive's car as a backup if I forget.