Ate ALL knife users really careful?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Comes with the territory lad. You'll get used to it. If you don't get small nicks every now and then, you aren't handling/using your blades often enough.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Always have a good supply of Band-Aids at home. :D
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

For as long as I've been careful with sharp objects, I've almost never cut myself seriously.

However, this does not cover the times I've been fooling around. But if I pay attention to "measure twice cut once" (which includes getting fingers out of the way), I almost never cut myself.

That aside, it is not my fault the Paramilitary 2 is so darn fun to play with.
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

SolidState wrote:It's not truly yours until it has drawn blood.
As I quote this with New Skin covering a cut from my newest addition, caly 3.5 in zdp.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Hahaha knifesturbation. Thats a great term.
i burst out laughing as well hahaah
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
UpDok

Post by UpDok »

My first Spyderco (an Endura) that I bought a few years ago came from the distributor with a small box of Band-Aids. It turns out they came in handy. ;)
[LEFT]“Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” Isaiah 45:22 KJV [/LEFT]
jsveiga

Post by jsveiga »

ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I cut myself on cardboard more often then I do knife edges.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

If you cut yourself then hopefully you will lean not to cut yourself.Some of us learn the easy way and some of us learn the hard way.Some times s**t happens by accident and you can correct and prevent from happening again.A little pain goes a long way.Live and learn is the path I have been down.I rarely cut or nick myself because I have learned to appreciate and respect my knives as a tool.There is always a possibility of cutting myself.Hopefully with some skill, respect, and experience it won't happen.
Best,
salmonkiller
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Like a right pillock I put my Delica into the fleshy bit of my thumb whilst in the office on Weds! I was going over a report transcription whilst cutting chunks off an apple, and got distracted. Boy, did that bleed!!!! Ended up with it being glued and taped in Accident & Emergency.
I was very embarrassed; not least because if I had used my ffg pm2 rather than the sabre ground Delica I wouldn't have had to push on it so hard.
Schoolboy error. Lesson learned!
Holland

Post by Holland »

sounds like a doozy Chris :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I don't know if it's care or luck, but I very rarely cut myself with any of my Spyderco folders. I've gotten careless with the kitchen knives a few times, but even those cuts were minor. OTOH, at the moment, I have a gash on the back of one hand that I got today and though might need stitches, courtesy of the metal track of a cabinet drawer. Also have an almost healed small chunk out of one thumb from when I slipped while reassembling a compact 1911 and several paper cuts in various stages of healing.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

ChrisinHove wrote:Like a right pillock I put my Delica into the fleshy bit of my thumb whilst in the office on Weds! I was going over a report transcription whilst cutting chunks off an apple, and got distracted. Boy, did that bleed!!!! Ended up with it being glued and taped in Accident & Emergency.
I was very embarrassed; not least because if I had used my ffg pm2 rather than the sabre ground Delica I wouldn't have had to push on it so hard.
Schoolboy error. Lesson learned!
Knives are like women... They require your full attention all the time. :D
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

The Deacon wrote:I don't know if it's care or luck, but I very rarely cut myself with any of my Spyderco folders. I've gotten careless with the kitchen knives a few times, but even those cuts were minor.
Replace all your kitchen knives with Spyderco models. :)

Noah

Post by Noah »

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=740029

I stabbed myself to the bone through my quadriceps with a brand new Endura. You know it's your knife when you've washed blood out of the action! 2 months on crutches and a lot of physical therapy!

Other than that, I nick my finger and need a band aid probably once every month or two. When using a knife with an unfamiliar lock design, it's probably 2 or 3 times a week for a bit haha!