Merry Christmas! Spyderco gifts?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I ordered myself a Para 2 for Christmas, and it finally arrived today. I am completely in love.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

No Spydie Gifts this Christmas. But I did get several interesting pieces of kit for my workshop. First off is a nice chunk of old-growth black walnut courtesy of my Brother-in-Law. I immediately took it to the shop, planed it out and resawed some nice scale blanks. The remainder I plan on carving into a spoon.

Second is a nice set of HSS drill bits for the 60 numbered wire-sizes and 20 lettered sizes. Been needing these for a while.

Third is nice stabilized block of ancient bog oak from my Son. This may end up on my next Mule - or it may end up on a stick tang damascus scandi blade from Poul Strande which has been calling my name...

Hope everyone had a warm and safe holiday season!
TedP
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Finally got around to snapping some photo's of the xmas presents with my dslr.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Here are a few photos of the Manbug I received for Xmas

Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wow great shots! How are you liking it? Carry it on your keys or something? I think I might pick one of those up in super blue when they are released.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Thanks, your shots are very nice too, I liked the glass table backdrop a lot. Looks futuristic!

Yeah, I got a locking S-biner clip and it rides on my keychain. It's sharp as **** out of the box, that ZDP is quite something. I haven't had much occasion to use it since it's my back-up knife since I already have a normal sized EDC on me most times. However, sometimes I don't depending on what I'm wearing and the situation, so it's nice to have a little something you know will always ride along with you.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
Noah

Post by Noah »

A guy on the High Road gun forum sent me a Manix 2 LW he used in Afghanistan. One of the best surprise gifts I've ever gotten! A Manix has been #1 on my Spyderco to-buy list for a long time, but I was never going to be able to get it since I make minimum wage and am about to head off to college and had to buy gas, school, and essential ammunition first. The guy didn't even know I wanted one! I shot an e-mail to :spyder: an hour or two ago about getting a pocket clip for it and pretty soon my Endura will finally get a break from my pocket.
David from NC

Post by David from NC »

I just got back around to Spyderco, having come full circle-starting with Spyderco-and then going to about every other "tactical" knife out there.

Christmas was so hectic for us, we didn't arrange for a gift(s) for me, so I got to make a roadtrip last week with my extra cash to a large knife dealer in Virginia. I'm glad I did because I had been drooling over Manbugs and Stretchs for weeks. Upon handling them in person however, I didn't like either (the Stretch didn't feel like I thought it would, and the Manbug was TOO SMALL for me-even though I have a Blade Tech Mouse and love it.) I picked up a FRN FFG Black Endura and FRN FFG Black Dragonfly. I wanted the FRN FFG Black Delica but they were out of that one.

So when I got home, I ordered one of those off a website. :D

I had also thought about getting the G10 versions of each of these, but these were much harder to find, and out of production (?)

THE NEXT DAY, I seen a post (on this forum or another) where someone mentioned the G10 Delica being in stock at one specific dealer, so I went to their website and put one on the credit card. :D

I told myself "ENOUGH!" :(

My wife said, "ENOUGH!" :( :(

I decided to take a break from buying Spydercos.

A couple days later, on another forum, a guy semi-local to me posted a G10 Endura (used, excellent) for a killer price. I felt like I would never get one for that price but had to have discipline, so I let it go, thinking it would sell in a New York minute. It didn't for some reason and the guy knocked ANOTHER $15 off the price. I couldn't let it go, so I moved some money around and grabbed it too.

Now...have an eye on the G10 JD Smith and the black on black PM 2... ;)

Then the G10 Dragonfly to round out my "Endura/Delica/Dragonfly" in FRN/G10 pairs...

Then the Calys...

Then...let's see if the "Military 2" comes out at SHOT or BLADE... :D

This madness doesn't end does it???? :p
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I gave three Sharpmakers for Christmas gifts.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Miitary 2 at shot? No way.

@liquid_cobra
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

David from NC wrote: This madness doesn't end does it???? :p
No it does not, David. No it does not.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill