Spyderco Baby Goddard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eric m.

Spyderco Baby Goddard

Post by eric m. »

Does anyone own one and what are your impressions?
remnar

Post by remnar »

eric m. wrote:Does anyone own one and what are your impressions?
I have one but don't carry it. Would you like me to post a pic next to my Jester?

-remnar
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Absolutely! I just picked one up on ebay and the pictures were good but the lighting was bad!
remnar

Post by remnar »

eric m. wrote:Absolutely! I just picked one up on ebay and the pictures were good but the lighting was bad!
Sorry, my lighting is bad also and I lack photo skills. :confused:

The handle is a little longer on the Goddard and thinner. The Goddard feels a little lighter.

-remnar
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Thanks Remnar! I was wondering how it compared with the Jester. Timing is excellent! So do you have any other info on this knife, other than what the Spyderco website has? How do you like the Maroon Micarta handle? At least you have some photo skills! I have none! :D
M80

I like mine

Post by M80 »

Image Image
remnar

Post by remnar »

eric m. wrote:Thanks Remnar! I was wondering how it compared with the Jester. Timing is excellent! So do you have any other info on this knife, other than what the Spyderco website has? How do you like the Maroon Micarta handle? At least you have some photo skills! I have none! :D
Mine has the black micarta. Maroon would be cool though. I find the Jester to be a lot easier to get a good grip on and it just feels sturdier to me.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Thanks Remnar! I wonder what different handle colors this knife came in? Yeah the G10 is better than smooth micarta! Guess you can tell I don't have computer skills either! HA, HA!
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

M80, thanks for the pictures! Is your knife the black micarta or the maroon, I can't tell? Just looked at the pictures of the knife I just purchased and , honestly I can't tell if it is maroon or black! Black is fine but it looks like a dark maroon to me! :confused:
M80

Post by M80 »

eric m. wrote:M80, thanks for the pictures! Is your knife the black micarta or the maroon, I can't tell? Just looked at the pictures of the knife I just purchased and , honestly I can't tell if it is maroon or black! Black is fine but it looks like a dark maroon to me! :confused:
It's dark maroon.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Thanks M80! Thanks Remnar! :) I like the combo edge on this knife!
M80

Post by M80 »

remnar wrote: Image

Yours looks different than mine its more squared off looking.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If you like combo edge, the Baby Goddard should make a great key chain knife. If they ever offer a plain edge version, and retain the unlined micarta handle, I might consider replacing the burgundy micarta Jester I've been carrying for 10+ years with one.

Here's a shot of both the original black (or dark green, depending on who you ask) and Sprint Run Burgundy versions...

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey Eric,
Here's a pic of my baby Goddard with some larger knives.
It's a great little knife!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

BG was my keychain knife for many years. From when it shipped until a couple years ago when I switched to a G10 Jester. I like the BG a lot, but I like the Jester even more. As some mentioned, it feels sturdier and I like the finger ramp on top.

Both are great though.

Ken
玉鋼
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:If they ever offer a plain edge version, and retain the unlined micarta handle, I might consider replacing the burgundy micarta Jester I've been carrying for 10+ years with one.
If Spyderco would make PE with original grind, I will certainly but one. I never had BG for only one reason CE. I am not sure, if this knife would replace my Jester, not likely. Still I would buy it. But has to be PE and not FFG. I love FFG on most of my knoves, but FFG on sprint kind of ruined for me.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Thanks to every one! Looking at Deacon's photo of the black(dark green) next to the burgundy, it's definitely the burgundy! I'm going to have to ask my stepson the next time he is over to help me with the posting of pictures!!! First I need to get a cell phone!(not) I'll have to use his! :spyder: :spyder: :D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I was thinking that those serrations just ruin a nice knife.
- best wishes, Jazz.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I had an original and a burgundy sprint. I love these knives - very light weight and classy looking. The only problem I have is that they are so small and light that I left one accidentally in my front suit pants pocket. The suit went to the dry cleaners and I never saw it again. :(

TedP
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

As much as I like mine, it's a nice keychain knife with an excellent grip, I'd wish the opening hole was a tad bigger. That's why I prefer the Jester or Ladybug 3 series.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram