Ronin 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dogrunner

Ronin 2

Post by dogrunner »

Mike/Sal - how about another Ronin? Maybe a fixed blade version of the Yo2 ?
Anyone else want one?
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

64 views and no takers. That does not make it seem very marketable to Sal and Co :(
Just think how handy a small fixed blade wharncliffe would be! And if it was made in a premium steel with top-of-the-line edge retention (I'm voting for S90V) think what an awesome cutting tool it will be!!
;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

It would be cool. I guess I'm just used to folders. I'd probably buy the Ronin 2 :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I was able to pick up a used Ronin about a year ago. I carry it and use it quite a bit. I like Wharncliffe blades for certain tasks and the size of the Ronin suits me well. I would be in for a Yo 2 inspired fixed blade.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

sal wrote:Hi Dogrunner,

We're working on one.

sal
Very cool :D
Holland

Post by Holland »

not my cup of tea, but great news none the less!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hang on dogrunner--I'm definitely interested. I've always admired the original Ronin's, but never had the opportunity to see one in person. A second run Ronin is a great idea. Any clue what steel would be used? (I'd suspect VG-10, if made in Seki).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

We're working on one.

sal
That is great news! I still regret not picking up the first edition. I really like the changes from the yojimbo to the yo2 and I'm sure whatever you do with the Ronin (keep it the same, make it more like a fixed blade Yo2, something else) it will be a must-have. I won't even ask when we might see one (plenty of other spydies to work with), but sooner would be better than later :) and I was serious about the upgraded steel too - I like both the upgraded PM2s I have (S90V and M390).
:D
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

please be flat ground. :spyder: please be flat ground :spyder:
3Speedyfish3

Post by 3Speedyfish3 »

I would definitely buy a Ronin 2. I love my Yo and Yo 2's. More, please, Sal. Can I see a proto at SHOT?

Randall
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

This sounds excellent however it's made. I'm in.

-Zach
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sal wrote: We're working on one.

sal
It is a good news. I like the original. The knife was discontinued, when I just got into Spydercos. It was to early in my spydernut carrier to appreciate it. Hopefully Ronin 2 will be Golden made. I do not think that I need any exotic steel on this one. S30V will be fine for intended use.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Thank you all for your interest in a Ronin2. After the Yo2 was released, my friend Mickey Yurco made me a fixed-blade version of it that absolutely rocks. Sal and Eric liked it and added one to their prototype/concept model display to gauge interest from folks at shows. The feedback has been good, so it looks promising.

With Spyderco's permission, Mickey has also been making a limited number of "old school' Ronins with his improved handle design, which uses shorter scales and a slightly more pronounced finger groove/guard that serves as the sheath lock point. These are very slick and are available through Stay Safe Media.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
jah

Post by jah »

We're working on one.

sal
SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for yelling :)
Jerry
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Michael Janich wrote:Thank you all for your interest in a Ronin2. After the Yo2 was released, my friend Mickey Yurco made me a fixed-blade version of it that absolutely rocks. Sal and Eric liked it and added one to their prototype/concept model display to gauge interest from folks at shows. The feedback has been good, so it looks promising.

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike. I am excited to hear you have something in the works. Either another Ronin or a fb version of the Yo2 would be great news!