The Techno is a joke right? This knife should not exist.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

eric m. wrote:Waiting on mine to arrive! Thanks to you guys in helping me to break my oath to not buy anymore knives this year! If you don't want to buy anymore knives this year I would suggest staying away from this forum! :D
Some people here are probably tired of hearing me say this but I only wanted one GOOD knife a few years ago. Little did I know you have to buy at least 30 knives to know what you really want. :) Anyway I've had the Native5 (amoung others) on my wish list since it was released. Then the "best EDC" thread FORCED me to put a Caly3 on my wish list. The Techno was on my wish list since it's release. Then I took it off. And now it's back on there! You are right eric. This forum is a bad (I MEAN GOOD :) ) influence. Even though we all have our own likes/dislikes about knives it's nice to have user's input about them before buying. And this forum definately keeps the "I WANT ANOTHER KNIFE" feeling alive. :D

Jack
PS
I look at quite a few knives in catalogs, inet, etc. and there is no brand that has as many different knives that I want as Spyderco. I love the traditional pocket knives for several reasons but when I go throught the Case catalog or look at them on the pc when it comes down to buying one there are really only 5 or 6 different knives in the "traditional" pocket knife arena. Different handle materials, different # of blades, etc. But Spyderco's different models surve MANY different type uses. There is a knife to cut a loose thread all the way to a hard core camping or even combat knife. Different blade steels as well. I can't think of a production knife company that uses such a wide variety of blade steels.

Jack
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

Screwdriver wrote:I should've bought a ZT........ :p
Although I'm late to the thread, I see a correlation between your name and your knives.. :D Happy Friday,Enjoy!
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

pdptrow wrote:Although I'm late to the thread, I see a correlation between your name and your knives.. :D Happy Friday,Enjoy!
How so? Just curious, since no one has ever guessed where my nick came from. :D
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.
chaosdragon0000

Post by chaosdragon0000 »

Screwdriver wrote:Holy Moly! Thanks to Amazon and the new Sunday delivery, my Techno was just handed to me by USPS.

This knife has to be an April Fools joke by Sal. I mean who in their right mind would use giant slabs of titanium and and make a blade as thick as a magazine. It makes no sense.....no sense at all. :eek:
The sarcasm was basically dancing buck naked for me (the excessive disbelief made it obvious). The Techno is an awesome knife; in fact, it is going to be my next spyderco purchase. Your description of how solidly it is built just makes me want to get this even sooner. Yeah, ZTs are awesome, but I love Spyderco's willingness to try out many blade steels.
Screwdriver wrote:How so? Just curious, since no one has ever guessed where my nick came from. :D
Is it because no one ever tried or because it is an obscure reference?
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Yeah the Techno is super robust...it's built like a brick s***house (Some construction language snuck through there). I bought one a few days ago, and carried it from the moment it left the store in my pocket. This thing is going to see a LOT of pocket time. It's not threatening or intimidating when you pull it out, and almost everyone that sees it can't fail to notice the quality of the materials, or the beautiful finish...even non-knife people (Though most still balk at the cost when I tell them what it's worth...but you get what you pay for, and these are high end materials).
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

Screwdriver wrote:How so? Just curious, since no one has ever guessed where my nick came from. :D
It was because you bought a Techno and your ZT reference which are beefy enough to be used as screwdrivers :eek: just taking a stab :rolleyes: at a humorous/ sarcastic tone to harmonise with the thread. Not that I think a knife should be used in that way, though, how you use them is your business. Just saw in your sig you do have a varied collection but I hope you see the humor.
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

Wow, a couple of you would probably be better off just not posting at all if all you're going to do is insult. So the OP's sarcasm wasn't clear, that makes it a dumb thread? Where's the comradery of just being Spyderco or knife lovers in general? Maybe take up knitting and join a knitting forum instead, it might mellow you out a bit. Jeesh!
Screwdriver, I wasn't 100% sure if your intent was sarcasm either but I'm glad you're enjoying your knife.
KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS: Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556, 556SBK, Ritter Mini Grip. Spyderco 2x Caly3 G10, 1x Caly 3.5, 1 PM2, Delica1 SE, Delica4 PE, Salt1, Ladybug1, Ladybug2, 2x Ladybug H1, Pacific Salt, Dragonfly FRN, Dragonfly2 FRN, Dragonfly G10, Jester, Bug, Honeybee, 2x Grasshoppers, G10 154CM Manix2, Jerry Hossom Forester.
Others: RAT Cutlery ZT0350, ZT0560, ZT0566, Izula, Izula II, Rat Pack RC-3, RC-4, RC-6,Lite Machete Fallkniven F1, U2, Wenger too many Victorinox too many Beretta, BHK Sml Tiger Knapp, Leatherman Wave, Wave II, Squirt P4[/size]
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

NaturalMystic wrote:Wow, a couple of you would probably be better off just not posting at all if all you're going to do is insult. So the OP's sarcasm wasn't clear, that makes it a dumb thread? Where's the comradery of just being Spyderco or knife lovers in general? Maybe take up knitting and join a knitting forum instead, it might mellow you out a bit. Jeesh!
Screwdriver, I wasn't 100% sure if your intent was sarcasm either but I'm glad you're enjoying your knife.
Have you visited the knitting forums lately? Those old ladies are brutal! By far the meanest place on the internet!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I miss my Techno :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

jabba359 wrote:Have you visited the knitting forums lately? Those old ladies are brutal! By far the meanest place on the internet!
LOL I can imagine seeing some grannies getting hostile over who's sweater is nicer and using their knitting needles as shanks. Seriously though, some of us here need to lighten up a bit. I've seen several forums go down hill because of unnecessarily rude attitudes. As my avatar Bob used to say "One Love" people, "One Love".
KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS: Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556, 556SBK, Ritter Mini Grip. Spyderco 2x Caly3 G10, 1x Caly 3.5, 1 PM2, Delica1 SE, Delica4 PE, Salt1, Ladybug1, Ladybug2, 2x Ladybug H1, Pacific Salt, Dragonfly FRN, Dragonfly2 FRN, Dragonfly G10, Jester, Bug, Honeybee, 2x Grasshoppers, G10 154CM Manix2, Jerry Hossom Forester.
Others: RAT Cutlery ZT0350, ZT0560, ZT0566, Izula, Izula II, Rat Pack RC-3, RC-4, RC-6,Lite Machete Fallkniven F1, U2, Wenger too many Victorinox too many Beretta, BHK Sml Tiger Knapp, Leatherman Wave, Wave II, Squirt P4[/size]
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

Nice set-up NoFair. The Cuscadi spacer looks really good.
NoFair wrote:It is a wonderful little brute. It looks unthreatening so I often carry it when a larger more pointy folder gets me too many :eek: looks.

Here is mine:
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Gunslinger wrote:I miss my Techno :(
The Techno is one I let go of to fund another purchase. I quickly realized the error of my ways and sold that knife and bought another Techno.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

NaturalMystic wrote:... Seriously though, some of us here need to lighten up a bit. I've seen several forums go down hill because of unnecessarily rude attitudes. As my avatar Bob used to say "One Love" people, "One Love".
It's all good. This forum is pretty resilient against complete @$$holery and Taz is not afraid to put the boot down when things get out of hand.

Sarcasm is hard to pull off in text form which is why I only use it in person when dealing with Mrs. Square. :D
addylo

Post by addylo »

A horse walked into a bar...
C142G, C10GPFG, C81G2, C101G2, C122, C123, C11BK, C11PGRE, C41BK, C94PBL, C136G, C129CFP, C129GP, C148G, C75SS3, C28BK2, C28BK, C130G, C138, JGGY, LBK3, C137, C133
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

addylo wrote:A horse walked into a bar...
.... sat down and ordered a tequila and said...

Ken
玉鋼
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

kbuzbee wrote:.... sat down and ordered a tequila and said...

Ken
....I hear Sarah Jessica Parker hangs out here.....
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Screwdriver wrote:....I hear Sarah Jessica Parker hangs out here.....
Now that's funny :p
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Why the long face? But seriously just got a tecno for my birthday! Let me tell you it shocks me that its built like that. I'm willing to bet that it could survive a nuclear blast.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Dodge wrote:Why the long face? But seriously just got a tecno for my birthday! Let me tell you it shocks me that its built like that. I'm willing to bet that it could survive a nuclear blast.
No ****!

BTW, MOPAR or No Car!.......I have a 68 Dart.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Surfingringo wrote:Wait a minute, now I'm getting confused. Are you being sarcastic about his sarcastic response to your sarcasm? Or did you miss his sarcasm and assume he was being serious because he took your sarcasm as serious?
;)
rofl!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE