Confessional, and pity accepted.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Cheddarnut wrote:The way i figure it, your spydies had a meeting and exiled the zt. They are usually tolerant of other knives, but in a case like this...
Hahaha, good one!
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

twinboysdad wrote:The key to finding it, is buying the replacement. As soon as the transaction occurs, the old one shows up immediately
Ha! Funny story about that statement..

I was over at my Dads place 10 or so years ago, and he asked to see my knife--an SS Dragonfly.. He loved it, so I went and bought him one..
He carried it for years, then one day he calls me and says he lost it..can't find it anywhere..just disappeared..ect.
I try to get him to retrace his steps, but he got mad.. "There's no steps to retrace! I never took it out of my pocket! I put it in there in the morning, and it was gone when I got home!"
So, I order him another.
The day it arrives, I go over to give it to him. He's sitting on the porch with a sheepish/embarrassed look on his face.. And he's holding the 'lost' Dragonfly.
Here comes the great part:
The day he lost the knife, it was chilly in the morning, so he wore a wind-breaker into work.. And while at work, he 'borrowed' some extremely powerful magnets, and put them in the wind-breakers pocket..
You see where this is going?
When he took the coat off at home, the magnets attached to the knife, and pulled it right out of his pocket!
He only found it because he was looking for those magnets, and when he tried to pull them out, they were stuck to something: The Knife. Stuck to the inside lining.

We laughed so **** hard, tears were rolling.

Hope you find the lost treasure, Qcrazy.
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

demoncase wrote:I'm currently in a similar boat....There's a Hattori Mini Fighter in a sheath in the house somewhere....Definately...Where precisely has elluded me- meaning I'm now planning another rummage through the gearpile on Saturday.

It might not be an uber-rare piece of awesome, but the fact that it's current defying all effort to track down leads me to believe that it's actively avoiding me. :)
Good news!- I found it in the downstairs bathroom cabinet!....If anyone cares. ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Have you tried callingf for it? Check the couches and the laundry. These are the two places mine run away to.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Qcrazy wrote:I keep my boxes, a spreadsheet, and many pictures.
That is why spreadsheets are evil... the sooner I forget I bought a knife, the less I will miss it if it goes missing. Then when I find it, it is like me from a year ago bought myself of today an awesome gift! In fact just a couple weeks ago I found a Persian I forgot I had!
GronK

Post by GronK »

I find that as I get older this type of thing happens more and more. . . . . . . er. . . . . . . .ah. . . . . .What was the question again?
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Still looking, though I seem to keep going over the same areas, drawers, cabinets, and closets. What I need to do is either forget it and move on, or start looking in places where I couldn't have put it :)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I've lost a couple of good pocket knives to my dry cleaner. They have been the small ones that I forget to take out of my suit pants pockets before stuffing them into the dry cleaning bag. Lost an original Baby Goddard and a Jester this way... The dry cleaner denies everything, of course. But if I ever see anyone there with either of those knives on them, I'm going to have some words!

TedP
willc

Post by willc »

Good luck with your search.
I recently lost a Leek for over 3 months and when I found it the knife was nowhere near where I thought I misplaced it.
LH Millie/ PM2 digi/ Tenacious/ Dragonfly/ Persian2/ Endura Super Blue
Cruwear Millie/ Manix2 XL/ Manix2/ Swick3/Gayle Bradley/ Delica SB/ Sage3
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I have an M390 mule somewhere in the box. I just hope I didn't throw it out when I cleaned out all my old boxes. I haven't seen it since I bought it. Best of luck in finding your knife.
joe58

Post by joe58 »

Weird - I've had the exact same problem since this morning except it's with an Emerson. I know it has to be here but I'll be danged if I can find it. It's driving me insane. Looked around most the morning. Going to start over again little later.

Has to be here somewhere. Hope you find yours. Maybe when you find yours mine will turn up. :)