What's your most bloodthirsty Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Syncharmony

What's your most bloodthirsty Spydie?

Post by Syncharmony »

Which Spyderco you own have you managed to slice, dice, nick or cut yourself the most with? Or lent to a friend and they cut themselves with it?

So far, my PM2 has drawn blood twice, due to some stupid lapses of judgement on my part. Nothing major of course, just nicks to the thumb but enough to make me pause and take stock of how I handle the knife and that it's a potentially dangerous tool and not a toy.

Someone once wrote that if a knife of theirs draws blood, then it's a permanent part of their collection from then on. Do you agree?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Never have drawn blood with a Spydie. Flicking a Lum Chinese I cut through some skin layers while drinking, no red though.

Probably have it coming though. Karma is going to steal a finger :( .
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Blerv wrote:Never have drawn blood with a Spydie. Flicking a Lum Chinese I cut through some skin layers while drinking, no red though.

Probably have it coming though. Karma is going to steal a finger :( .
The Chinese is also the guilty one in my case. I cut myself when opening and closing the serrated version and my attention slipped away for a second and somehow the knife closed on the back of my thumb and instantly appered a nice cut ending in a zipper, where only the points of the serrations pierced the skin. It looked funky for the rest a lot of red.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

My blue persistence! I inadvertently touched the blade while lubing it up and, well just a small slice from such a light touch! This knife is sharp, and the first of my Spyderco's to draw blood-mine! :D
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

My CAT.. 10 stitches!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

My sister's Civilian...never play with one inebriated. Trust me
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

twinboysdad wrote:My sister's Civilian...never play with one inebriated. Trust me
Wow... :(
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Hmm
I think it's my Southard
Holland

Post by Holland »

Para2 has def cut me the most
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

Tenacious. Several cuts. Cut my fingertip off while flicking and closing it parallel to watching tv... love it :)
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

twinboysdad wrote:My sister's Civilian...never play with one inebriated. Trust me
That sounds really rough. Plain edge is generally not too bad, it's a clean cut but serrated? Ouch!
grg

Post by grg »

Recently my orange dragonfly bit me when I just touched the blade while looking at the edge through my loupe.Nice clean cut that healed fairly quick.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Actually two worse cuts were made by non-spydies. Spydies also cuts me few times during the years, but nothing serious.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Original Zowada. Brachial artery severed. Big mess.

Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

ZDP Ladybug. A few minor cut myself from underestimating the knife over and over, even if I know how sharp it is. One that did require a few days to heal with lot of blood. Oh and few co-workers who laughed at me when I drew it out of my pocket, saying : "I asked for a knife, not a toy!" and ending with the eyes wide open after slicing through the cardboard... and the hand holding it.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

My tenacious got my thumb the first day I carried it, it wasnt very bad though but thats the last time a knife drew blood of mine that I can remember. I guess im pretty lucky when it comes to that but I do get very small cuts that dont draw blood quite often.
remnar

Post by remnar »

Laethageal wrote:ZDP Ladybug. A few minor cut myself from underestimating the knife over and over, even if I know how sharp it is. One that did require a few days to heal with lot of blood. Oh and few co-workers who laughed at me when I drew it out of my pocket, saying : "I asked for a knife, not a toy!" and ending with the eyes wide open after slicing through the cardboard... and the hand holding it.
I'm confused.

Did you slice your hand as your coworkers watched? If so; you went above and beyond to prove the capabilities of that knife.

Or

Did your coworker slice his hand after laughing at your knife? If so; well, that's karma.

-remnar
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Harpy SE back in '02. I accidently snapped it closed on main knuckle of my right index finger. :( It sang right through the skin and into a few ligaments/tendons. I think I had to get six or seven stitches, but man, did that hurt. My finger still looks kind of crooked when I try to extend it.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I've sunk the tip of the orange Dodo into my flesh so many times that I stopped carrying it. It is a beautiful knife and a wonderful design - but an evil piece of steel. :cool:

TedP
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

^^^ Oh man. The "beak-like" blade on that thing is wicked. Yeouch! :(
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal