Awaited models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

KC also has a lot of other new 2014 Spydies up for pre-order:

Tusk $256; Double Bevel $170; Clipitools $26; Large Kiwi $128; Spy-DK $52 (awesome!!); Firefly $224 (ouch!); SB Dragonfly sprint $68; Native 5 CF/S110V $205; Dyad $179; Serrata $160; Worker sprint $179 (ouch again! :( ); new Sage 3 CF $160; black Southard $280; Draper $320 (yowza!); Roc $167; Tanaka $200; SB Manbug sprint $55 (yeah!); and finally the gold bead lanyard BEAD3LY $48.

Guess I need another job!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

If only I were allowed to post pictures....

I am really happy that they have something that will port over to a straight razor this year. I've been waiting for that.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

CanadaDude wrote:I really wish that I had discovered Spyderco many years ago, because so many great models came and went long before I knew that they existed.
I'm with you on that!
I have a dream where we can get an electronic "Universal Encyclopedia of All Knives Ever Produced", that lists literally EVERY knife EVER made in a human factory (as well as PRE Industrial Hand Made Knives), and then, a matter assembler able to produce each and every one of them we wanted.
BOHAWG

I totally agree!!!!!

Post by BOHAWG »

feuerfreiguy wrote:I don't need Spyderco to release anymore of their late models. I've spent enough money already lol....A Caly Jr. would be nice though :rolleyes:
I totally agree with your statement..... I own enough late models, Caly Jr. included :spyder:
Fostermoody

Post by Fostermoody »

I'm always hoping to see a lefty cricket whenever a new catalogue comes out. It's the only non-ambidextrous spydie knife that really grabs me. I don't know about other lefties out there, but I'd pay handsomely for a sprint run lefty cricket, in whatever scale they make it with. Probably buy several, just in case of loss/destruction of such a rare gem.

It's also exciting to think of new designs in the Sage line that might be coming down the pike.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Waiting for Native5 sprints and exclusives
RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Worker sprint $179 (ouch again! :( );
Guess I need another job!
Agree on ouch. But most likely will get one anyway. It will be hard to resist dark green Worker.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

$180 for green G10 and 2.6" VG10 blade? Somebody must be joking! :(
bh49

Post by bh49 »

To the best of my knowledge Worker was never made with G10 scales, most likely the knife has liners. Cost of new tooling, new CNC programing need to be absorbed by fairly small run of knives.
BTW, every year we are getting surprised by cost of new knives, but somehow they are getting sold.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

bh49 wrote:Waiting for Native5 sprints and exclusives
I would love to see Titanium RIL Native 5 and I'd say that it would probably be my dream knife. I'm thinking Sage 2 construction but give it the Native 5 blade and handle profile and voila! That would be a perfect EDC spydie in my book. Or maybe a CF compression lock Native 5? That would also be a contender for Greatest EDC Ever!
Fostermoody

Post by Fostermoody »

senorsquare wrote:I would love to see Titanium RIL Native 5 and I'd say that it would probably be my dream knife. I'm thinking Sage 2 construction but give it the Native 5 blade and handle profile and voila! That would be a perfect EDC spydie in my book. Or maybe a CF compression lock Native 5? That would also be a contender for Greatest EDC Ever!
A compression lock Native 5 would go directly into my pocket, and probably wouldn't ever be deposed. I like the lockback, it's full-time in my pocket, but a compression lock would be sweet. The minor points it would lose for lack of lefty-friendliness (not that it's all that unfriendly, just a little) would be more than offset by the ease of cleaning and the smoothness inherent to the compression lock.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

senorsquare wrote:I would love to see Titanium RIL Native 5 and I'd say that it would probably be my dream knife. I'm thinking Sage 2 construction but give it the Native 5 blade and handle profile and voila! That would be a perfect EDC spydie in my book. Or maybe a CF compression lock Native 5? That would also be a contender for Greatest EDC Ever!
I am not sure about compression lock. I was really looking forward dark green 204P Para2, but found compression lock a little more difficult to operate than midlock. probably this is just a matter of habit. Titanium RIL, especially, if opposite scale will be G10 (dark green :p :p) or fluted Ti can be interesting. Flat metal scales I found too slippery, even dangerous, if the hand get wet.