New member from Spain

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Titomake

New member from Spain

Post by Titomake »

Hello everyone.

I am a new member and want to introduce myself. I am from Spain and have been visiting this forum as a guest.

Now I think is the time to become a member and participate a little more in it. My bad English could be a shortcoming but I'll try to improve it.

My present Spydercos are Persistence, Ambitious, Tenacious, DF2 ZDP, Caly 3.5, Manix2 LW and Manix2 XL.

My next purchases can be Sage 1 and 3.

I hope to learn and share knowlegde too.

Best regards
Foghorne

Post by Foghorne »

Hola!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Titomake,

Welcome to our forum. Your English is fine.

sal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome aboard!
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums! your english is great! i would recommend looking into the chaparral series :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Welcome to THE forum. I did the same thing 3 weeks ago! :spyder:
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome.. Super info and folks here!! Have fun!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Bienvenidos! Vivo en Costa Rica, pero mi novia se de pais vasco, so we usually pass through Madrid every year to visit her family. Maybe next year I'll smuggle you some spydies in when I visit. Hehehe. Welcome to the forums!

Y no se preocupe. Your English is very good. Don't be afraid to jump into the discussions around here. There are folks from all over the world on this forum and everyone is very polite.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Welcome to the forum, you are certainly among friends! As the others have said, your command of English seems quite good. We do enjoy good pictures as well, so get your camera out! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum Titomake.
Are you familiar with Navaja knives? Spyderco makes an excellent Navaja:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=632

From the Spyderco main website:

" Unique to the Navaja is the Carraca or ratcheting sound it produces when the blade opens and closes. Carraca ratcheting generates a reaction similar to the sound of chambering a round in a firearm, distinctively announcing the knife's presence and has been attributed to deterring a criminal or criminal behavior."

griff443

Post by griff443 »

¡Bienvenidos!

Su inglés me parece muy bien. Hay pocos errores. ¿Estudió usted solamente en España o también en un país anglohablante? De todos modos, este foro es un fuente excelente de información. I don't post here often but I browse it about every day. If you have the money, I would recommend purchasing the Knifeworks CF S90V Manix 2 sprint run while it's still available! I think they ship overseas . . .
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Welcome to the forum Titomake.
Are you familiar with Navaja knives? Spyderco makes an excellent Navaja:

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=632

From the Spyderco main website:

" Unique to the Navaja is the Carraca or ratcheting sound it produces when the blade opens and closes. Carraca ratcheting generates a reaction similar to the sound of chambering a round in a firearm, distinctively announcing the knife's presence and has been attributed to deterring a criminal or criminal behavior."

All spyderco folders are navajas actually. That's just what they call folding knives in Spain. Actually the folding knife was born in Spain after one of the leaders passed a carry law against longer blades some 500 years ago. True story...government imposed knife restrictions are nothing new apparently. :) Now, there is a classic spanish (gypsy?) knife that is known for its distinctive ratcheting sound, but I don't know what it is called specifically.

Ok, most of this info I pick up from my spanish girlfriend and more so, from some of her friends who are into knives, so I'm just repeating what I've been told. Please step in and correct me if I've got any of this wrong Titomake. :)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Cool story Lance. Seems like contraband is the source of all things good sometimes, no? :cool:
James Y

Post by James Y »

Surfingringo wrote:All spyderco folders are navajas actually. That's just what they call folding knives in Spain. Actually the folding knife was born in Spain after one of the leaders passed a carry law against longer blades some 500 years ago. True story...government imposed knife restrictions are nothing new apparently. :) Now, there is a classic spanish (gypsy?) knife that is known for its distinctive ratcheting sound, but I don't know what it is called specifically.

Ok, most of this info I pick up from my spanish girlfriend and more so, from some of her friends who are into knives, so I'm just repeating what I've been told. Please step in and correct me if I've got any of this wrong Titomake. :)
Greetings.

Folding knives go back at least to ancient Roman times.

Jim
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome to the forums, Titomake. You've got a great start on your collection and the Sage 1 and 3 are especially good choices. Hope to see you around!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

James Y wrote:Greetings.

Folding knives go back at least to ancient Roman times.

Jim
Hah, yeah, I have to be careful about repeating what I hear without googling it. :) . I just looked it up and there's a pretty interesting read on the origins of the Navaja on Wikipedia. They allude to the governmental restriction, but don't say much about it. I have heard the story in more detail...most of which I can't recall, but I remember it being kind of interesting. I'm sure I could find that info too if I wasn't too lazy to practice my google-fu. ;)
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Good Day Titomake!

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

James
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Welcome. Your english seems as good or better than a lot of Americans. :)

Jack
James Y

Post by James Y »

Titomake:

I forgot to say welcome!

And I agree with jackknifeh that your English seems very good.

Jim
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Welcome to the forum, there are some really good folks here.
:spyder:
Dan