2014 Catalog Discussion

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Looking at the 2014 catalog, the remaining SB sprints, Dfly, Manbug, LB, and Stretch don't seem to be laminated. Thank heavens if I see it right. Look at the pics of the knives, no laminate, and the tang doesnt say 420wifhbiywbvfiewvbwb hehe.

...And the grey seems to be darker on the SB's, what I was originally hoping for before they released the Delica/Endura.
free2game

Post by free2game »

twinboysdad wrote:Like maybe, a Chinook 4?
fund it
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Why is the Domino listed as a new knife?
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Have no idea! It's not new. :confused:
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I will be picking up a Firefly, have wanted one ever since I saw the prototype. My only wish is that it was being produced in Taichung.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

For me it will be the Tatanka, the Pygmy Warrior and the clipitool with the scissor.
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I'm pretty interested in the Firefly, Tusk, and FFG Manix2. How I'm goig to buy them along with the new Zero Tolerance 0566 is something I have yet to figure out.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

My list of knives I don't want to miss :)

Tusk
Black Southard
Chaparral Stepped TI
Double Bevel
Roc
Kiwi4
Firefly
Tatanka
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Dangit, a flat-ground Manix 2? I spent two nights this week grinding a regular Manix 2 flat.

The Roc has a nice look to it.
All God's critters have knives.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Anyone have any thoughts about when we might see these ffg manix's?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Worker..

New bigger KIWI!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
araneae

Post by araneae »

FCM415 wrote:Looking at the 2014 catalog, the remaining SB sprints, Dfly, Manbug, LB, and Stretch don't seem to be laminated. Thank heavens if I see it right. Look at the pics of the knives, no laminate, and the tang doesnt say 420wifhbiywbvfiewvbwb hehe.

...And the grey seems to be darker on the SB's, what I was originally hoping for before they released the Delica/Endura.
I am pretty certain those pictures are just photo-shopped and would most likely be laminate as the others were.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Ferris Wheels wrote:I will be picking up a Firefly, have wanted one ever since I saw the prototype. My only wish is that it was being produced in Taichung.
+1!

Several in this years catalog are intriguing but the Firefly and Kiwi4 are leading the list right now.

Maybe a black Southard as well, though it's bigger than I carry these days.

Ken
玉鋼
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Happy to see some models getting some DLC love. Disappointed that once again the Yojimbo 2 isn't getting it though :(
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

dgebler wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about when we might see these ffg manix's?
Million dollar question right there
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

jalcon wrote:Why is the Domino listed as a new knife?
eric m. wrote:Have no idea! It's not new. :confused:
The Domino is still pretty new. Spyderco will often list a knife as "new" if it hasn't yet appeared in their normal annual Product Guide (even though it may have already appeared in the Mid Year supplement). Notice that besides the Domino, there are a few others that have already been released and featured in the 2013 Supplement, but are still listed as "new": Szaba black, Hungarian and orange Pingo.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Best catalog I've seen in about 4 years.

~Love the new Kiwi 4.

~The 4 way clip on the Harpy is most excellent.

~Full flat grind on the Manix 2 along with skeletonized liners is fantastic.

~Love that the Centofante 3 is still there.

>>>> Anyone else notice the black Endura 3 blade in the Endura? I bet it's a misprint.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

IG-88 wrote:Did I miss something but the Friction Folder was not in the Disco list and I can't find it anymore in the catalogue? Or am I becoming blind? Or did I miss the release somehow?
That's a good question, IG. I'm guessing that the production goals on other models may have temporarily pushed the Friction Folder to the back burner. I've often wondered that too about other models, such as the Pygmy Warrior and Autonomy.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
GreatSyxsuke

Post by GreatSyxsuke »

Like someone said before, I need a Spy DK yesterday. I always EDC either a Pingo or UKPK so I would LOVE a mashup of the two. I might bite for the Kiwi4 since it has a clip and that's all that kept me from buying one earlier. I'm very interested in the Power Lock but I definitely cannot see myself carrying a 5" blade ever. Worker may end up on my list too, more for the legend of it than actually needing one. Great catalog, everyone in Golden really put in a lot of work to make it amazing.
Current carry: Spyderco Squeak or Spyderco Pingo (Back right pocket), Paramilitary 2 Black G10 (front right pocket)

Future wants: Karahawk

"It's far better to carry and never need than to not carry and desperately need."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

SpyderNut wrote:That's a good question, IG. I'm guessing that the production goals on other models may have temporarily pushed the Friction Folder to the back burner. I've often wondered that too about other models, such as the Pygmy Warrior and Autonomy.
Wonder no more about the Pygmy Warrior! If you check out Sal's Casual Bombshell thread, it seems that the Pygmy is due to ship before the end of this year.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com