2014 Catalogs Available for Download Now!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Yup when I downloaded the pdf and opened it with adobe acrobat reader it does show up.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

kbuzbee wrote:So page 17 shows up correctly for you? That was the only one I can't see and that's true in Safari and iBooks, both.

Ken
I'm not seeing it when opened in Adobe Acrobat Pro either.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

bh49 wrote:G10 Worker is certainly the biggest attraction for me in the catalog. I need one, may be two.
Couple other blades look interesting, but I will wait until I see Wouter's pictures and reviews to make decisions.
I'm going to get one just so that I can take off the G10 and replace it with some nice Ironwood burl...

TedP
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

kbuzbee wrote:That is one of the things I've always loved about Spyderco. They will go out on a limb to give us something different. Be that shape, materials, colors, locks, grinds.. Whatever. Sometimes "the market" doesn't support their "diversity" and sometimes "the market" looks back in hindsight and says, "whoa, wait... That was genius!"

I was that way with the CF Balance. It just looked like an expensive, odd little knife. Fortunately Paul put me on to it in time. That little knife IS genius. It truly is. But I'm sure they went round and round deciding whether to even try it. I'm so glad they did.

I'm sure Spyderco could make a lot more money dedicating all their capacity to their leading lines. I, for one, am more happier the way things are.

Ken
Ken - I know you love your CF Balance. What's your opinion of the stainless model? It is significantly thinner and lighter... Just curious...

TedP
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

phillipsted wrote:Ken - I know you love your CF Balance. What's your opinion of the stainless model? It is significantly thinner and lighter... Just curious...
You know, Ted, I've never tried the SS model. I was so impressed by the CF I just never looked that direction. But, in general:

1. I love CF scales, across the board, any texture (but prefer smoother)
2. I tend to dislike stainless scales, even on designs I otherwise like (think Lava ;) )

But unlike a lot of stainless models, this one is, as you say, thin and light. I might really like it.

I'm kinda keeping my eye out for a "deal" on one. If it happens, it does, but it's not a grail quest ;) I'm very happy with the ones I have now.

Ken
玉鋼
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Is the Friction Folder Discontinued???
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
black

Post by black »

Only thing that caught my interest is a blacked out FFG Manix 2.

Why no talk of the s110v cf Native 5??? Spyderco catalogs always confuse me.

Still waiting for a framelock para2 and those fluted cf knives.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Won't work on my Droid phone either. In fact, I can't even find a 2014 catalog period.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

jabba359 wrote:You mean this discontinued list? http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... t-Official

Or are you already thinking a year ahead of time? ;)

I had planned on getting some work done this evening, but instead spent my time looking through the new product guide. Some real surprises in there. Lots of cool new models, but that means now I'm even further behind on getting the Spydiewiki up to date!
LOL, thank you for pointing that out. I don't know how i missed that thread!

JD
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Always a pleasure when the new catalog hits our digital doormats! I'm definitely going to try and score a sprint run Worker and a SpyDK. Now I have to study the catalog some more, until I know it by heart ;)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Worker sprint looks great, and I like the green color.
Firefly is a nice surprise for me. But I wish it and the Kiwi G-10 incorporated lanyard holes.
Tatanka got my attention! Wow, heavy!
Double Bevel strikes my interest, although I do not typically go for tantos or multi-grinds.
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

bh49 wrote:+2

Not like in previous years many new knives will be made in Japan. Probably Taiwanese maker like Golden at full capacity. Prices for everything are going up not only Japanese made knives. I was a little surprise to see that Hungarian folder has higher MSRP than Vallaton.
Regarding VG10, I still love it. Lately my most used knife is Forum S110V Native5. I love it. No problem to sharpen or reprofiling. But I do not hesitate to use my VG10 Caly3.5, Persian or Kopa.
I realize that all prices are going up, but with Taiwan we are getting new/better steels. This makes the price increase seem worth it. With VG-10, it's just the same old VG-10, but for more money. LOL

JD
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

The Tusk looks like an engineering marvel. Amazing to see those 2 locks in one knife.
I am interested in hearing/understanding more about the Powerlock.
I hope Dialex' new design is well received.
Will Seki-made knives drop in price due to the drop in the yen? http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDJ ... =undefined;
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

jabba359 wrote:I'm not seeing it when opened in Adobe Acrobat Pro either.
Interesting, when I saved it at on my computer at home and opened it, the photos didn't show up, but here at work they do show up. May be an issue with Adobe Reader and this particular format.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
recklessac

Post by recklessac »

Very excited for the worker, looks fantastic. That, the kiwi 4 and the roc are on the buy list for sure.

However I was disappointed about the pricing of the Karahawk so I will sadly not be getting that one (it will be even more expensive here in the UK).
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

G-10 Worker, Kiwi, and Black Southard are all catching my interest, and more VG-10 is always good in my book.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
black

Post by black »

Still no blacked out Yojimbo 2.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Evil D wrote:There are definitely some head scratcher models coming out. No need to point fingers since we all have different tastes. It is good to see diversity I guess. .
kbuzbee wrote:That is one of the things I've always loved about Spyderco. They will go out on a limb to give us something different. Be that shape, materials, colors, locks, grinds.. Whatever. Sometimes "the market" doesn't support their "diversity" and sometimes "the market" looks back in hindsight and says, "whoa, wait... That was genius!"

I was that way with the CF Balance. It just looked like an expensive, odd little knife. Fortunately Paul put me on to it in time. That little knife IS genius. It truly is. But I'm sure they went round and round deciding whether to even try it. I'm so glad they did.

I'm sure Spyderco could make a lot more money dedicating all their capacity to their leading lines. I, for one, am more happier the way things are.

Ken
I agree. There are not too many new models that I'm finding compelling right now, but compare the situation to other major knife manufacturers, where often the new year brings just warmed-over versions of prior models. Hooray for Spyderco - I hope they sell tons of the new models. :spyder:
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Black, i dont believe dealer exclusives appear in the catalogue, and i believe the cf 110v native is a dealer exclusive.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Don't think the CF S110V is an exclusive...

As for that awesome Worker sprint, do you guys think the "green" is a Forest green a la the 2013 forum Native, 204P PM2 and Stags Arm M2 sprint or something in between the forest and foliage shades?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King