Spyderco Dyad 44GPSGY sprint run.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MCM

Spyderco Dyad 44GPSGY sprint run.

Post by MCM »

Thoughts on this one? :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I want one, but I keep talking myself out of it! It takes up a lot of room in the pocket, IMO, and I've never liked the grip feel. If it were a different color than light gray I might be more inclined to pull the trigger.
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

I once had the original with micarta and ATS-55, it wasn't completely my cup of tea.
I'll pass this one, hoping to get the Hungarian Folder soon.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Have the original and glad to see the revival so many have wanted in the past . As for another , not quite sure if I have a need for another and prefer Micarta iver the Grey G10 . Regards MG2
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

As I've posted before, I'm excited about this one. It's on the way and should be here this week. If only they'd reconsider H-1. It would be the PERFECT fishing knife. Even without the H-1, it will still be a great addition to my tackle box. I'm thankful the Spyderco crew revisited it. Thanks.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

vaisforlovers wrote:As I've posted before, I'm excited about this one. It's on the way and should be here this week. If only they'd reconsider H-1. It would be the PERFECT fishing knife. Even without the H-1, it will still be a great addition to my tackle box. I'm thankful the Spyderco crew revisited it. Thanks.
I handled one of the new ones at my local shop and the gray G10 already had gotten dirty on a knife that had been there 2 days. Also don't like the uber shiny clip. Great F and F though and I am still deciding
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

Pre-order mine, but has not arrived, image it won't be long now.

I'am fan of the Dyad's line, have them all. It will be big and heavy compared to most, not a EDC for myself, but will get some pocket time. G-10 handle are more favorable to the FRN at this size, with that much surface area to grab onto, FRN is not needed. Initially I wished it was not the gray color, I may think different after I use it, but not counting on it. I am sure part of the reason for not going with black, had something to do with the Byrd line Wings G-10 had already been produced and it was in black.

My personal preference would have been a size between the C44 and C39, but with cost to change design, and probably would not change sales, not something likely to happen.

The Gray G-10 won't prevent from enjoying any less, it how it works more then how it looks. I was very surprised and overjoyed to see in the catalog as a sprint run. Excited everyday, that this may be the day it arrives.
Blue Possum