Brand new Dodo on the way!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Brand new Dodo on the way!

Post by Surfingringo »

So I finally found a decent deal on a new orange dodo! Can't wait! I'm really looking forward to giving this thing a go. I envision this being a good edc user to compliment my Millie. Anyone carry and use the dodo?
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

The dodo is one that I really really want. Seems like it'd be great along with the millie!
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

The orange Dodo is the only knife I regret selling. The funds went to a CF Dodo so all was not lost.
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
angusW

Post by angusW »

I like carrying it with a Manbug and 'Lil Matriarc. The belly on the Dodo is great for cutting and then the hawkbill part at the end tops it off.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The dodo is great as a companion edc blade. Packages have no idea what hit them.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Gringo,

I scored one at my b&m with no box for $50!! I gave it to my sister as she has a Civilian for hiking protection and wanted something smaller for her edc and she is a Doc in a high profile hospital so the Civie would not be an option. She pointed out after I gifted her that the orange is great since she has 3 sons under the age of 6. If she leaves it somewhere it is easy to relocate. As to the usefulness, as an urban edc it is all you would ever need!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

twinboysdad wrote:Gringo,

I scored one at my b&m with no box for $50!! I gave it to my sister as she has a Civilian for hiking protection and wanted something smaller for her edc and she is a Doc in a high profile hospital so the Civie would not be an option. She pointed out after I gifted her that the orange is great since she has 3 sons under the age of 6. If she leaves it somewhere it is easy to relocate. As to the usefulness, as an urban edc it is all you would ever need!
THIEF!!! Hahahaha
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Had a funny story for you, as I gather you are in Costa Rica. My gf before my wife was from CR and I kinda dumped her for my wife. Which really is not that bad considering I married the girl I broke up with her for, right? Any way she lived in the next apartment and I heard her tell a fellow CR'er that I was "Cholo Americano" and I thought it was a compliment for a while. Like a few years. Found out later she was calling me a slur! Oh well, hope she has forgiven me and moved onto a great life back in CR...good times, good times
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Heheheh. Wonder what you were doing to make her start calling u a cholito!? Actually, cholo isn't really a bad word here, depending on how it's used. You can call an Indian cholo, a black guy negro, a white guy gringo, and a fat kid gordito...and nobody gets offended! I love it. One of my favorite things about this country is people just don't take themselves too seriously!

Ahem, don't be confused by all that though, she was definitely insulting you. :D
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Sickest spyderco ever. Little big knife, love all 3 of mine. And so will you! Nuff said.
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!