What was your first Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

I had a Buck lockback fishing knife from about 1996 to when I lost it aroung 2008.
When I needed a replacement, I got a Leafstorm then shortly afterwards, an Urban Leaf. I then got bitten and within a year, had a small collection of Spydie sprints. Now I'm down to just 5 but I keep looking for the next one! :)
Urban Leaf, Superblue Delica 4, Leafstorm, Brown XHP Native, Brown Para 2
systemofadown

Post by systemofadown »

Hmmm.. Started with a tri-angle sharpmaker a couple weeks ago for touch ups if that counts :) Heard a lot about the PM2 for the last few months so I picked one up a few days ago - It really is a Nice EDC knife - fits my needs & personality quite well.. Image
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

My first was the gray Calypso Jr sprint several years ago. Ended up giving that one to my wife after we had been going out a couple of months. One of my best friends actually got me interested in Spyderco when he showed me his old Delica...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Mallus

Post by Mallus »

I got a Paramilitary 1 some seven years ago, together with a Sharpmaker and, if memory serves me right, VG 10 serrated ladybug. Already in the 90's I was ogling Spyderco Bob Terzuola and Tim Wenger collab models, but being a poor student, couldn't afford to order any from across the pond.
Dustindk

Post by Dustindk »

My first was a Tenacious.. didnt used it alot in the first place but like a year ago i started to put it back in my pocket and now i cant go out without a spyder on me...
Before that i used to keep ka-bars, Esee and cold steel knives on me but now the spyderco love is growing!
---------------Dutch-Knife-Collector---------------
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

My first Spyderco was the Tasman Salt
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb
jeru

Post by jeru »

The black G10 S30V C36GPE Military. This was not only my first Spyderco, but also the first one-hand opening folder that I bought. Also it became my favorite. Everything else that I bought after it could not kick it out of my pocket. End up selling my ZT0300, my Lone Wolf Longhorn, my Emerson Horseman and my Chinese Folder Glass Fiber Handles. My Recon 1 is collecting dust next to my bed. It also learnt me that I carry strictly tip-down, unfortunately (probably due to my Xtra Small hands). It learnt me I don't care for hollow grinds nor back-locks. And it learnt me that the Spydie hole is my favorite opening mechanism and flat grind my favorite grind (together with convex). Bought three more Millies after that.

PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Oh I'll never forget my first. I got my first car, an 87 Camaro, in 2003. While cleaning it, I found an all stainless Delica in the back, I believe on the floor half tucked under the mat. It was fully serrated, though sharpened to all **** and the serrations were rather rounded. So was the tip. The worst part was the handle. It was engraved freehand with the name "Santoro". Whatever, it was my first knife worth more than $5 and what started it all. Unfortunately it is no longer in my possession, and I highly doubt I'll see it again. But that's another story.
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Here's Mine:

Chinook Prototype VG-10 Test Piece:

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- SB / BRUCE ;) ;)
XDgear

Re: What was your first Spyderco

Post by XDgear »

Hi, Newby here! PM2 blk/satin for me! :)
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Another new guy here, bought a Caly 3.5 cf and have two more knives on back order (pm2 and Delica damascus)
Waco

Post by Waco »

My G10 Endura was my first Spyderco. I did a fair amount of research, asked some questions online, and picked it. I'm up to 4 Spydies, but if I had to go back to one, it would probably be the same knife.

303_enfield

Post by 303_enfield »

First was a Spyderco C05 Standard (Economy). I was a lowly SPC at a gun show getting ready to leave for Panama. No money an needed a good knife. I bought a C01 worker a year latter when I got back to the States.
Always looking for the right one :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

My first Spydie was/is my Butch Vallotton collaboration.
djjinksy

Post by djjinksy »

My first is also my most valuable... Black/black plain edge Embassy auto. It was my EDC for over a year before I got my second, which was a stainless D-Fly2. Now I'm hooked, and my EDC is usually a PM2
-Steve
Embassy, Para2, Delica 4 SS, Dragonfly SS/ZDP/Superblue/H1, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 G10, Rescue 79, Swick3, Mule19
dustinhxc

Post by dustinhxc »

First spyderco, dragonfly G10! Gorgeous EDC!
Corvid1

Post by Corvid1 »

My first Spyderco was a Delica which I purchased in 1994. It was my EDC for about 15 years. I lost my Delica while on a camping trip to the Porcupine Mtns (South Shore of Lake Superior, Michigan's UP. The following week I assuaged my distress with a Caly3.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Mine was a white, Baby Goddard, combo edge sprint. At first, I wasn't so fond of the hump on the back of the blade.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Re:

Post by Donut »

MachSchnell wrote:My first was a C90CFPE Stretch CF ZDP-189 (almost sold, but glad I didn't.) Then a C90PBLE ZDP (later sold :( ), followed by a Smurf blue C101GPBL2 Manix 2 (sold that one too:mad :)
I traded my Blue Manix a couple of months ago for a Cruwear Military.

Other people value it pretty high, but in my eye it isn't worth any more than my Orange one. I'm glad I got rid of it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

My first Spyderco was a Vesuvius.