What was your first Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

My first was a manix 2
mainaman

Post by mainaman »

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

A full SE Police with stainless steel handle
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Mine was a Delica4 FFG in blue. I had recently gotten my ccw permit and was doing some research for my first carry gun and ran into Nutnfancy's channel. So 4 handguns, a shotgun, 3 flashlights, and about a dozen knives later I guess I have him to blame. Right now Anthony over at EverydayCommentary has gotten me addicted to high value gear, and I have another flashlight on the way from MBI and a set of Kevin Wilkins scales in the works. I'm working on my friend who would like to buy his first decent knife, he ended up not getting one for his birthday so it looks like I may have to gift him a Delica or a Dragonfly to get him started.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the thoughtful post. This was a great idea, kinda fun reading everyones story.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

*duplicate Post*, sorry.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

xceptnl wrote:This was my first.
Haha, my first as well, albeit with the satin blade. The Native was followed shortly thereafter by the satin/black PM2. It's been all downhill since. :D
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Knivesinedc wrote:Still Jealous :D
My first was the native4 c41bbk or black blade SE. still carry it every day. I hacked through a piece of hard as rock wood yesterday and was still razor after. Really not a good idea but I wanted to see if It could do it. I will try to put up some pics of the wood and knife later. So far I have only infected 2 people with the spyder bug.
Still happy it was my first :D
sinkerslider wrote:Haha, my first as well, albeit with the satin blade. The Native was followed shortly thereafter by the satin/black PM2. It's been all downhill since. :D
IMO the Native is one of the best entry level Spydies still being made. Linerless, 50/50 choil, sharp jimping, minimal pocket profile, what's not to love. It will forever be one of my favorites.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

My first Spyderco was exactly like this, but it got lost in a field one day at work. Bought an exact replacement. This knife has fallen 275 feet onto gravel (Closed), and it's absolutely fine.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

C01 worker - probably some 25yrs ago - my grandmother bought it for me like a couple other knives; like many others, unfortunately, i've lost it.. :(
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Ahh, my first love...

The year was 1996 and all the talk in the knife community such as it was back then was about this company called Spyderco. This company had cool knives with a hole in the blade for one hand opening and a molded clips for pocket carry. I got a serrated Delica I FRN model with integral (FRN) clip. That was shortly followed by the Walker C37 with the FRN molded clip as well. As much as I loved those knives, I knew Spyderco could do better than a molded clip, because once that clip started bending out away from the scale, it didn't stay in my pocket very securely thereafter.

Fast forward to now and the selection with incredible engineering/design is just a knife enthusiast's dream to choose from!!!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
setldown

Post by setldown »

Tenacious
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

PM2 CTS-XHP Orange, gave me the bug real bad
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

My first Spyderco was a SS Endura SE in AUS-6 steel, bought at the local, now long closed, Army/ Navy store back in 1996. What a heck of a first Spyderco, let me tell ya! So much heft and cutting power in that knife, it was a revelation to me as far as what a pocketknife could be. Of course, I still have it and it still cuts ridiculously well. I followed it up with a SE SS Dragonfly in ATS-55, for the occasions where a massive knife was a little over the top!

I'm at about 90+ in my collection and still going!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

My first, a little over ten years ago, was an aluminum Peter Herbst. I still have it although, except for the Spyderhole opener, it turned out to be totally wrong for me. The first two that totally impressed me were the Kiwi and the Calypso Jr.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
steelrat

Post by steelrat »

My first, abt. 1995, was a Gin-1 Police C07SS...

I recently sold it, because I've never ever used it.
But in this case it's a good thing: I bought it for emergency rope cutting in the mountains and on the sailing boat...

I'd been a bit disappointed by this knife because I could barely open it one-handed with my thumb, very stiff...

But that did not stop me from buying more Spydies :)

[ATTACH]22908[/ATTACH]
Attachments
police_1e7kc4.jpg
I've gone CF only: C94CFP UKPK (many thanks to Donut), C113CFPE Caly 3 ZDP189, C144CFPE Caly 3.5 ZDP189, C41CFP Native 4, C123CFP Sage 1, C134CFP Gayle Bradley, C152CFP Chaparral 1, C131CFP Bob Terzuola, C116CFP Superhawk, C101CF90VP2 Manix 2 S90V :)

exceptions: C113GPGY Caly 3 SB, C144GPGY Caly 3.5 SB, C10FPGY Endura SB, C11FPGY Delica SB, 2 x C36GPGY Military Cru-Wear, C154PPN Squeak Pink, MGREP Manbug ZDP189, C12PBN Matriarch brown, C94PBK UKPK

sold: some

looking for: anything CF
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Poliwog SS.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

My first was a Centofante 3. I had been purchasing a few other brands here and there and wanted to see what the Spyderco thing was all about. Man, was that a mistake. What went from a periodic knife purchase turned into a diagnosed addiction. I still have it, but it doesn't see loads of pocket time anymore. This thread has reminded me to get it out. Thanks.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

A much loved Delica 2- perfect little pocket knife. Made me fall in love with the whole concept.... 10 years later and *ahem* £, I've still got it and another 50 or so others to keep it company ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
bluesmandan

Post by bluesmandan »

I am a brand new Spyderco owner. My first Spyderco: my newly obtained Mule Team 17 in K390. The K390 is a super aggressive cutter!

[ATTACH]22909[/ATTACH]

I've got some Cocobolo blanks on the way, and I"m planning to make some scales for it. Can't get the folks from Halpern Titanium to return my email inquiry for some G10 scales. Oh well. I think the cocobolo will look nice...
Attachments
DSC03309 (Mobile).JPG