Brought a knife to a thumb fight...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharktooth

Brought a knife to a thumb fight...

Post by Sharktooth »

Cut with Delica4 SE. Oops!

Thanks Doc.

Tip: Be careful
:spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yep, been there. I've had far too many that needed stitches that never got them. Superglue and butterfly stitches/steri-strips are a common commodity at my house lol. Right here at my desk where I do my sharpening, I have a bottle of liquid skin, superglue, and a box of bandaids.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Holland

Post by Holland »

stitched up nice, heal fast :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

The liquid skin/bandage is good stuff to have around. Provides a good sting to let you know you haven't completely lost feeling in the area :D

The doc definitely did a good job. Healed up nicely.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

OK, I can cross thumb fighting off my list of things a serrate blade can't do :eek: :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

This was the worst way to test the capabilities of my SE blade but I had to make the sacrifice for the good of the community ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sharktooth wrote:This was the worst way to test the capabilities of my SE blade but I had to make the sacrifice for the good of the community ;)
Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm sure we won't forget it for at least the next three or four times we open a knife ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Yeouch! At least they gave you "Smurf-blue" stitches, though. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

Sharktooth wrote:This was the worst way to test the capabilities of my SE blade but I had to make the sacrifice for the good of the community ;)
much appreciated ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

It takes a truely brave man to dedicate his blood for thorough testing. I just touched up my GB and D'fly. PM me your address so I can send them to you for sharpness testing. :) I am NOT a truely brave man. :D

Jack
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

jackknifeh wrote:It takes a truely brave man to dedicate his blood for thorough testing. I just touched up my GB and D'fly. PM me your address so I can send them to you for sharpness testing. :) I am NOT a truely brave man. :D

Jack
If you'll send me the GB, I'll give it my special 6 month test ;) :D
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

DougC-3 wrote:If you'll send me the GB, I'll give it my special 6 month test ;) :D
I appreciate this Doug. I bet when I get it back after six months of testing there will be a very nice patina on the blade. Try to keep the blood out of the pivot please. :)

Jack
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

jackknifeh wrote:I appreciate this Doug. I bet when I get it back after six months of testing there will be a very nice patina on the blade. Try to keep the blood out of the pivot please. :)

Jack
OK, but just to be on the safe side, I'll use Joe/Mastiff's (IIRC) technique of running it through the washing machine in a levi's pocket before returning it :p
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

having been cut by both PE and SE, I can attest that SE hurts way worse
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

...ouch....

:)
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

jackknifeh wrote:It takes a truely brave man to dedicate his blood for thorough testing. I just touched up my GB and D'fly. PM me your address so I can send them to you for sharpness testing. :) I am NOT a truely brave man. :D
I could definitely be of assistance in this matter... It might be difficult to ship back for awhile without the use of my thumbs :D
SpyderNut wrote:Yeouch! At least they gave you "Smurf-blue" stitches, though. ;)
I asked for camo stitches... no dice ;)
twinboysdad wrote:having been cut by both PE and SE, I can attest that SE hurts way worse
Worst part was that it wasn't a slice, it was more of a chop. :(

I do find myself to be a little more cautious now, so that's good.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Oof! Get better!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Diesel_Chick

Just a little one

Post by Diesel_Chick »

[ATTACH]22985[/ATTACH]

But my nail is growing back pushing it up hurts like ****
Attachments
image.jpg
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

Thats gotta hurt! Hope you heal up quick Diesel_Chick!
Diesel_Chick

Post by Diesel_Chick »

Yea little pain never hit anyone ;)