I love pm2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ginsuwarrior

I love pm2!!!

Post by ginsuwarrior »

So I am quite late to the Paramilitary 2 party, but by the time I discovered such a thing existed, they became as rare as unicorns.

Anyways...This knife is Awesome!! Compression lock is Amazing!! It's my favorite so far. I like to sit and marvel at the engineering.

Oh I had one other thought, say I lost this blade on the battlefield and it got buried - what would it look like in 100 years?
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

In 100 years it wouldn't quite be rusted to nothing but it would sure be rusted. There are carbon steel swords that are 1000 years old that were found in river beds that aren't completely rusted away yet, and s30v is much more rust resistant than those hand forged blades. Think about anything from the civil war that's been found and it might look something like that, maybe a little better.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ginsuwarrior wrote:Oh I had one other thought, say I lost this blade on the battlefield and it got buried - what would it look like in 100 years?
You planning on some sort of time capsule? :) Totally agree with you on the PM2!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Holland

Post by Holland »

congrats on the acquisition! amazing knife indeed
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, awesome knife at a great price. That's why they're always so hard to find!
:bug-red-white
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Bought a camo PM2 today...my local knife store got the 2 in today that they ordered 9 months ago. I got a good price on it too. Very solid feeling knife!
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

PM2 was my second spyderco. I barely knew anything about knives but one popped up locally and I snagged it up. Not an ounce of regret.
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Congrats. It's a great knife. I've got about six of 'em. :D
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I've been playing with mine for a couple hours...this is an awesome knife! Definitely going to be a good part of my EDC rotation from now on...I will have to swap the clip so it carries tip up though.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I just got one too. It was used, so it's broken in and is silky smooth. Very light, but I wish the handle were an eighth of an inch wider.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I've been playing with mine for a couple hours...this is an awesome knife! Definitely going to be a good part of my EDC rotation from now on...I will have to swap the clip so it carries tip up though.
It's funny I had it tip down for a week because I couldn't find my torx set, then I did and promptly switched it to tip up -BUT- I think I can open it more efficiently tip down. Maybe my brain is just used to carrying the Military, although I do have my other spydies tip up. It probably really doesn't matter.
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug