2013 Knife of the Year?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

hiredgun wrote:From what I hear through the grapevine, maybe later this month!

I dumped a Native Forum knife for this one!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

It's the S110v Forum for me. N5 is in my top 3-4 Spyderco designs. Special release for us, special steel, special G10, special price, Special in every single way :)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Domino! Thanks Eric
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

From a pure EDC and user stand point, the Super Blue Endura is my 2013 knife of the year.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I can't say yet as all of my purchases have been sprints or exclusives. I am looking forward to the Hungarian.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

WireEdge Roger wrote:From a pure EDC and user stand point, the Super Blue Endura is my 2013 knife of the year.
Me too!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Forum Native
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Since the OP mentioned 5 knives and they were all sprints, if sprints are going to be excluded, maybe we could at least have two categories :D

1) Regular production including variants

2) Sprints, exclusives, and SFO "exclusives" liked the forum native5

for 1) I like the Manix2 XL black blade for at least honorable mention -- it's a heck of a knife. The Domino is a great knife, but at this point I'm not much of a flipper fan (with all Spyderco's innovation and variety, I find my preconceived likes and dislikes constantly shifting).

for 2) I think the forum Native5 has to be included because of all the super features: CPM S110V steel, diamond cut pattern in the scales, super backlock, hand sanding for great f&f, great color, etc. I think the green Para2 CTS-204P is in the running too. Also my current fave, the Cru millie.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Domino. It's my favorite Spyderco now, displacing the Gayle Bradley.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

WireEdge Roger wrote:From a pure EDC and user stand point, the Super Blue Endura is my 2013 knife of the year.
+1. This is the knife I've been looking for the past 4 years!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Ugh, mine is sitting in its box unused. Can't bare to use it when my ZDP BRG version is still every bit the knife I've come to love. Great knives, I guess having the SB version as a backup aint so bad ;)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm still holding out hope that the Fluted CF Para2 will drop in 2013. Maybe I should give it up and resign myself to a 2014 release... :cool:

Failing that - I vote for the Domino!

TedP
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

jabba359 wrote:I'd certainly toss the S110V Native 5 in the ring for contention.
I'd have to agree. Spyderco really went all-out with the blade steel, patterned G10 scales, and aggressive pricing.
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

For me its a super blue delica
MCM

Post by MCM »

Wont know till 1/1/14.
Its been a good yr with the 110v Forum knife, Domino, Burgundy Paperstone Lum Tanto , Street Bowie & K390 Mule.
Those are my standouts so far this year.
I bet one or two might slip out between now and the end of the year? Will wait and see!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

twinboysdad wrote: :spyder: of course. Superblue E4 or D4? Cru Mill? Lava sprint? Just curious what has been the afi fave thus far? I know the Stretch SB still is in the on deck circle for 2013.
I have these knives (not the Stretch, yet), and out them the Millie would do it for me. But the Domino would be my #1 overall, barring any late-year contenders.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

xceptnl wrote:I can't say yet as all of my purchases have been sprints or exclusives. I am looking forward to the Hungarian.
Varying from my original statement, and after some research, I conclude that the best new knife of 2013 (excluding sprints, exclusives, limited editions, etc.) has to be the Lil Matriarch. Mine is extra special thanks to Boomer.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

From the regular production knives, I'd nominate the Domino as well. My personal knife of the year so far is the super blue Delica sprint, I didn't think much of it .... until I got it and started using it...a lot.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

I'm going to have to say Domino.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon