Manix 2 Grey?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pomelly

Manix 2 Grey?

Post by Pomelly »

We often talk about new sprint run, sometimes wondering if it will come out improbable versions :o ...
My favorite models are Military, Para and Manix, and I'm always looking for new sprint I miss, to try to have them in the same color, as these:
[ATTACH]22869[/ATTACH]
Now has been released the new Military Grey, so I was wondering if there will be also a Manix 2 Grey. :confused:
Am I the only one who thinks miss ;) ?
Thank You very much.
Attachments
Small.jpg
Clip

Post by Clip »

A gray Cruwear Manix would be a really hard worker, I'd be in for one.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Clip wrote:A gray Cruwear Manix would be a really hard worker, I'd be in for one.
If it's FFG I'm in.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Clip wrote:A gray Cruwear Manix would be a really hard worker, I'd be in for one.
I would enjoy this sprint quite a bit.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

How much do you figure it'd cost?
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Where do I pre-order? :)
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

Evil D wrote:If it's FFG I'm in.
That would be a great sprint. :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I've totally blown out my knife budget, but I probably couldn't resist a gray Cru Manix. I don't have one with FFG except the XL.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

How about brown, or darker tan, or a bunch of different shades of it?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

FCM415 wrote:How about brown, or darker tan, or a bunch of different shades of it?
I would prefer brown like the Para 2, Military, or Southard. A warm shade of Flat Dark Earth would also please my palete.
*Landon*
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

xceptnl wrote:I would prefer brown like the Para 2, Military, or Southard. A warm shade of Flat Dark Earth would also please my palete.
That's the spirit! Everyone loves a brown party.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I also would like to add that we need a Navy Blue G-10 Spydie! This could also be a great platform for this terrific color.
*Landon*
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

I would really like a gray or brown Manix. Those are my favorite colors for Spydercos. Blue could also be nice but it has to be a dark shade in my opinion.
Holland

Post by Holland »

i would buy a grey cruwear manix for sure
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

Yes :) I'm glad You like, this is the right spirit: brown or grey Manix ate still missing...

But which You prefer before: brown or grey?!
And which steel?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Pomelly wrote:Yes :) I'm glad You like, this is the right spirit: brown or grey Manix ate still missing...

And which steel?
4 ifs... if it's Cruwear and if the Spydercrew care to identify Cruwear with a scale color as they've done with other metals (British Racing Green with ZDP-189, Gray with super blue steel -- this one may be incidental, but includes FRN an G-10), if they'd consider gray, since the only other Cruwear folder is gray, and if they're willing to use gray even though it's already been sort of identified with Super Blue, then I'd say ... gray :cool:

There's also the possibility that they'd choose gray just because they feel like it, w/o regard to any of the if's above :)

But if it's not to be gray, then, since the earth brown color is not too popular now and there's already a tan Manix, I would really go for Olive Drab, Ranger Green, a darker tan, or Coyote, if the G-10 is available.

Or... maybe it's just because I'm from the South, but I can't help noticing the glaring omission of the color peach, which I think would go great with tool steels :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Pomelly wrote:Yes :) I'm glad You like, this is the right spirit: brown or grey Manix ate still missing...

And which steel?
In general I would prefer brown but I think gray suits the Manix better. Steel? CPM Cru-Wear like the Military sprint or CPM S35VN which is one of my favorite steels.
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

CPM cru-Wear is also my choice :cool:
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Pomelly wrote:CPM cru-Wear is also my choice :cool:
Yes that's the only logical way to make this sprint. Manix2 CPM Cru-Wear and gray G1:cool: . I hope someday there will be a knife like that.
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

Ignaz wrote:Yes that's the only logical way to make this sprint. Manix2 CPM Cru-Wear and gray G1:cool: . I hope someday there will be a knife like that.
Ahah, I thought a picture, would include those who can not read :p
I thought that a sprint like that, would be more probably than a toxic green g10 (never seen before at Spy :rolleyes: ), but maybe I'm just dreaming as You said... ;)