A Rainbow of Dragonfly's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
willydigger

A Rainbow of Dragonfly's

Post by willydigger »

Are there any plans that will expand the FRN colors of the Dragonfly model?

I've been able to pick up a Pink for my daughter, now I'm hunting for a green for my son. Unfortunately I think he's SOL. Foliage = gray and British Racing Green, while technically green isn't green.

I've seen the orange FRN, Yellow, Pink, Black, BRG, are there any plans for a blue, Crayola green, or other colors down the road?

It doesn't necessarily have to be FRN either. I'd love a blue G10.
Swick3 • Blue Lava • Orange Dodo • Persistence • Techno
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
mattman

Post by mattman »

I know your looking for brighter colors, like the Delicas, but the upcoming Super Blue Sprint will be gray...
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

I'll likely end up getting a green Delica. I figured it would be easy to make different colored FRN.

Thanks for the info on the gray.

I have a feeling they'll get there eventually.
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
mattman

Post by mattman »

My feeling is (and I can't remember if upper management has commented on the subject) that they will at least start coming in the colors that the Endura/Delica line comes in, but it is just a matter of time.

I feel like most around here are expecting it, kinda by default, and that's why there aren't more threads about it...? IDK, just the feeling I get.

Personally, I'm more anxious to see more colors in the translucent FRCP material....
EdgeFUBAR

Post by EdgeFUBAR »

It comes in stainless steel handle , gray G-10 , and Nishijin ( very pricy) also..... plus more
Poliwog G-10, Manix 2 Light Weight Blue, Smallfly Blue G-10, Dragonfly 2 (Salt PE, ZDP-189, ZDP-189 Nishijin , Pink FRN) Manix 2 EDC Forums Moonglow, Matriarch 2 with Emerson , Lil' Matriarch, Dodo Carbon Fiber, Catcherman,Chapperal Carbon Fiber, Bug, and a "S"
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Didn't someone post pictures of a yellow Salt handle they used blue RIT dye on, to get it fairly green? May have been awhile ago, my memory isn't so great anymore.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

i think they should just release another run of white frn, dye it any color u like :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
GrossPolluter

Post by GrossPolluter »

mattman wrote:...Personally, I'm more anxious to see more colors in the translucent FRCP material....
That would be fantastic! That material really pops the color in an exotic way! :cool:
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

mattman wrote:I know your looking for brighter colors, like the Delicas, but the upcoming Super Blue Sprint will be gray...
I just got the both the SB Delica and Endura and have to admit that I like the gray a lot more than I thought I would. In fact, I love it. I thought it'd be kind of boring, but it goes perfectly with the color of steel. Great sprint run, BTW.
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

When does the Super Blue/Gray Dragonfly get released?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

More colors would be cool :) . They did just release a orange version and the yellow Salt's I hear RIT dye very well.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Holland wrote:i think they should just release another run of white frn, dye it any color u like :D
YES, this is what I am hoping for however I don't think we will get it.
willydigger wrote:When does the Super Blue/Gray Dragonfly get released?
IIRC, it is supposed to be after the Stretch and the Ladybug are released in SB. I would plan for 2014.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*