FB14P3 – Swick3 Wharncliffe - Release Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

FB14P3 – Swick3 Wharncliffe - Release Info

Post by TazKristi »

The FB14P3 Swick3 Wharncliffe will be available for sale on Tuesday (corrected day), 22-Oct-2013 at 0900 (MDT)

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://spyderco.com. You will find it by model # FB14

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

The FB14P3 is not a Sprint Run. At this time no further production is scheduled, but if demand warrants it we will produce more.

Price: $49.95 each

Domestic Shipping: Standard Shipping rates apply.

International Orders/Shipping:
International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $300 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $300 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303/279-8383 x 107.
International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $35
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $50

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About the Swick3:
The original Swick was developed for fast deployment, lightweight carry, and an incredibly secure ergonomic grip. The new Swick3 is the result of Spyderco’s Constant Quality Improvement (C.Q.I.) process and provides an outstanding grip while offering even greater versatility and strength. Designed by Sal Glesser, the Swick series features a large index-finger hole—a feature developed by custom knifemaker Fred Perrin. Placing your index finger through the hole locks the knife securely into your grip and greatly reduces the possibility of it being dropped or dislodged during use. It also allows you to keep the knife in your hand while freeing your fingers to perform other tasks. The Swick3’s enhanced finger-hole design is larger and is complemented by jimping on the adjacent top and bottom surfaces of the tang. These refined ergonomics make the Swick3 even more versatile and secure during use.

The Swick3 is crafted from a solid piece of premium CPM S30V steel and is skeletonized to reduce weight without sacrificing strength. The blade features a full-flat-ground wharncliffe profile and a handsome tumbled finish. Although it is perfectly functional as is, the Swick3 now features pin holes for easy attachment of handle scales or paracord wrap. It is purposely sold without a sheath or scales to allow you to customize it to meet your personal needs. Made in the USA from premium US materials, the Swick3 proudly features Spyderco’s Trademark Round Hole.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sounds like I may have to finally get a Swick! The price is certainly right.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Donut

Post by Donut »

What exactly is the difference between this model and the first Swick? I don't see any differences in the description.

Maybe I am missing it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
phaust

Post by phaust »

Donut wrote:What exactly is the difference between this model and the first Swick? I don't see any differences in the description.

Maybe I am missing it.
Original didn't have the jimping mentioned in this description, it says the index finger hole is bigger, it says there will be pin holes to make attaching scales easier, and it says the ergos changed.

That said, a pic would be nice :)

Good news to hear this is coming out!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

TazKristi wrote:The FB14P3 Swick3 Wharncliffe will be available for sale on Wednesday, 22-Oct-2013 at 0900 (MDT)
Kristi, will this be Wednesday 10/23/13 or Tuesday 10/22/2013?

Or is my spyderco calendar broken and in need of warranty repair? :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

No sheath. Really?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I'm pretty excited about the price. I will definitely try to pick up one of these.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
phaust

Post by phaust »

Jazz wrote:No sheath. Really?
Has any Swick come with a sheath?
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

phaust wrote:Has any Swick come with a sheath?
No

Gordon
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Is this like the previous Swick1 with minor improvements? So blade length for example is the same?
araneae

Post by araneae »

Jazz wrote:No sheath. Really?
They haven't come with them, but Scott Gere made me a really nice one for my Swick.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
araneae

Post by araneae »

Also, Taz its not nice to tease us without a pic of the knife... :p
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Any official date I'm definitely gonna scrape up 60 for this
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
Holland

Post by Holland »

great price! not my cup of tea however
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Are y'all sure? I remember ads in mags with the Swick and neck sheath. A lot of people don't make sheaths, so how's this good for sales? Just wondering. I guess it's just for those skilled with Kydex, etc., or those with connections.
- best wishes, Jazz.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Sheath or not at that price I'll have someone make one on the forums. It will give me a chance to expirence someone else's craftsmanship. Anyone have any suggestions
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

honestly, good kydex ain't that expensive and most guys who seriously carry fixed get custom for the quality and options. I very shortly owned an Emerson La Griffe and as great as it is, and the kydex fit great, I am not gonna neck carry and would have needed a g clip to IWB carry.

Oh and write this kid down for 1 Swick please
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

"...It is purposely sold without a sheath or scales to allow you to customize it to meet your personal needs."

That pretty well sums it up. Kind of like a Mule, in that regard. Being able to customize the handle without having to mod it would be cool. I'm thinking something in C-tek would look attractive. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Is there a picture of this version anywhere?
:bug-red-white
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

xceptnl wrote:Kristi, will this be Wednesday 10/23/13 or Tuesday 10/22/2013?

Or is my spyderco calendar broken and in need of warranty repair? :D
Although we do have something called "Spyderco Time" your calendar is correct. The correct day for the Swick3 to go live is Tuesday 22-Oct-2013 (original post edited). :) Sorry guys I'm on the road and days blend a little. No pic yet, but as soon as one becomes available we'll add it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.