New Yojimbo 2 in pocket!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Cook

New Yojimbo 2 in pocket!

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: NGK sent me an email saying the yoji 2 was in stock. I dunno what happened, it was like I had no free will, suddenly I was getting an order confirmation!
This knife is just awesome! My Perrin PPT replaced my beloved Janich smurf-killer as my dedicated M.B.C./defense blade but now the new and improved Yoji is back! The PPT is an amazing S.D. knife but I LOVE M.B.C.! Best, most easily learned edged weapon system ever! Now I no longer feel disloyal.
I love the heavier longer blade! The new yoji does look a bit more weaponized than the original but screw the bedwetters, self-defense requires no apology!
Indexing divits were neato on the smurf killer but the hole weakened the clip and index divots are a bit of a gimmick anyway (who grip shifts during a fight?) so I welcome the standard clip.
On the downside, the knife did come with the puzzling spacer induced flaw on the edge, I don't get how the spacer contacted the edge as the stop-pin seems to leave room to spare. Oh, well, that's what my sharpmaker's for! Great job, Mike & Sal! I can't wait to buy a trainer! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's one of my most favorite knives. I carry mine almost exclusively. It definitely looks intimidating, but I think you can pass it off as a fancy utility knife if you word it right. I really liked the original, but the 2 is better in every way except the blade grind...I would prefer it were FFG without distal taper, which would make the tip stronger while still making it a better slicer. I've modded the scales on mine quite a bit to make the thumb hole less shrouded, and to give more room for my index and middle fingers to sit in the front of the grip. If I could I would make several other style knives with this same exact handle, just change the blade shape.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
docwatson

Post by docwatson »

+1 on the yo 2, I love mine, may have to get another, to hold in reserve. I bought the trainer, very well made.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

David, could you post a picture of your Yo2?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Janfrederik wrote:David, could you post a picture of your Yo2?
Here ya go. I also have a thread with a lot of progress pics here http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... =Yojimbo+2

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

I was carrying mine inner waist band at 4:00 for a long time, but the open construction and the tip being so close to the end of the handle has given me too many holes in my shirts. I am currently switched back to the PPT inner waist band. I might have to go back to using the Yo 2 in my front pocket for occasional primary carry.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!