Just picked up a Spyderco Blackhawk . . .

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

GronK wrote:That is correct. Not the most secure mounting. That's why they included a small liner to screw into when they did the 2002 run.
How old is this knife? I personally wouldn't even carry a knife if all the screws tapped into were G10. You snag that clip one good time and you may rip the screws right out. If the threads were really coarse it wouldn't be too bad, but if they used the little machine screws like they do now, no thanks.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Invective

Post by Invective »

Evil D wrote:How old is this knife? I personally wouldn't even carry a knife if all the screws tapped into were G10. You snag that clip one good time and you may rip the screws right out. If the threads were really coarse it wouldn't be too bad, but if they used the little machine screws like they do now, no thanks.
This is one of the reasons I passed on picking up Jess Horn ZDP sprint. I like the look but when I found out it is linerless FRN with a screw handle, it lost it's appeal. I am not the most careful with my knife clips and wouldn't trust myself to keep it from breaking.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

GronK wrote:That is correct. Not the most secure mounting. That's why they included a small liner to screw into when they did the 2002 run.
Is that how they were done? I've always assumed they had a full single liner, like the FFG version of the G-10 Police and the later runs of the original G-10 C51 Rookie that were made around the same time.

Evil D wrote:How old is this knife? I personally wouldn't even carry a knife if all the screws tapped into were G10. You snag that clip one good time and you may rip the screws right out. If the threads were really coarse it wouldn't be too bad, but if they used the little machine screws like they do now, no thanks.
Truth is, it's not snagging the clip that would be the problem. The threads almost always get stripped when someone removes the clip, either because it's bent or for some other reason, and over tightens the screws when replacing it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
GronK

Post by GronK »

The Deacon wrote:Is that how they were done? I've always assumed they had a full single liner, like the FFG version of the G-10 Police and the later runs of the original G-10 C51 Rookie that were made around the same time.
I don't know for sure, never seen one, but that's the impression I got from the old posts and such.
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Here's my work carry today...

- best wishes, Jazz.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Nice grab personally I compare this to a grail of mine the Renegade :eek: a beast of a knife .
Please bring it back ;) .
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Jazz, I'm still really digging your Native Lightweight mod!!!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Thanks, Chap. I think I'm maybe gonna stonewashed the clip tomorrow. Can't decide.
- best wishes, Jazz.