Foundry released?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Trevitrace

Foundry released?

Post by Trevitrace »

I had seen something about this model being in the works awhile ago, didn't think it was out, but came across two for sale on the bay. Did I miss this one entirely??
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0917053517

Adam
Invective

Post by Invective »

Hmm interesting. The Foundry was supposed to be made entirely out of Carpenter steel and materials and first offered to Carpenter workers before hitting the dealers shelves, so it is possible that the first round has been made and released to them and some of them are selling it. This is a first, I believe, for this type of release to be done so it is not unthinkable that we hadn't heard anything. Nothing on the Spyderco Catalog site though, along with no box and not-so-visible markings though, also seem suspect, so it is possible it is a fake although I highly doubt that.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

The sellers location is in PA. Carpenter is in PA.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Hopefully the Foundry will hit dealers soon
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Holland

Post by Holland »

what a beautiful knife! i bet that will fetch a hefty price
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

So the unicorn decides to pop up out of the blue hey?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

That doesn't look like any box I've seen.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Blerv wrote:That doesn't look like any box I've seen.
The zip pouch?

Haven't some other knives shipped in those in the past? Maybe the Damascus Enduras if I remember correctly?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Coulro wrote:The zip pouch?

Haven't some other knives shipped in those in the past? Maybe the Damascus Enduras if I remember correctly?
Ahh. My phone had the brightness turned down and it looked like a square :) . Good call.

Personally, I'd still wait. Usually you see collector editions prior to normal ones.
Donut

Post by Donut »

If this is being sold by one of the Carpenter employees, it could have the bio blue handle! O.O
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I would be interested to hear any comment on this from Spyderco. At the last Blade I questioned the Carpenter folks about this knife. They had no idea when it would come out for them or the knife that Spyderco would be selling to the general public.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

It would have to be the Carpenter employee edition. I've seen several dealers with info on the Foundry - coming soon (the public version of the Carpenter) so reasonably the special edition might be out. It will be interesting to watch the auction to see where the price goes.
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
endgame

Post by endgame »

I like that allot man one of my favorite steels I love my manix 2 with carpenter steel allot.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

omg this means its the Bioblue one! :p I think Im gonna have to have a bidding war
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Shhh Travis, nope I say it looks like some crappy knockoff! Nothing to see here people! ;)

Interesting that Reading PA is just a stone's throw away... Wonder how many Carpenter employees will follow suit (especially after Travis goes and jacks the price up on the first ones swimming in the bay :) )...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
phaust

Post by phaust »

Seller is in PA and so is Carpenter (http://www.cartech.com/contact.aspx?id=3856), so that points to it being the legit employee version
mattman

Post by mattman »

I thought the Bio-Blue version was not going to happen (for the "employee" edition, or the general release) due to some kind of issue with the manufacturing process...?

I'm not 100% positive, but my memory feels pretty strongly about this one...
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Does this model have a number?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

razorsharp wrote:omg this means its the Bioblue one! :p I think Im gonna have to have a bidding war
Im broke as a joke. Good luck!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

There are actually two of them up on eBay - it looks like the same seller...

TedP