Spyderco Szabo Folder Black out!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IG-88

Spyderco Szabo Folder Black out!

Post by IG-88 »

Just picked up a Spyderco Szabo Folder Black from HKS. I was waiting for the black version I don't know if the Cosby CF is uglier then the Snoop Dogg CF on the satin version. Both not the best choises Spyderco made but what a great knives!

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

Don't be hating, thats a gorgeous weave.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I am a fan of the Argyle Pattern.

I'm not really into the Szabo or the Domino, but I'm hoping to see it in something else.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

hunterseeker5 wrote:Don't be hating, thats a gorgeous weave.
Not hating :D Personnaly i would have prefered something else. But nevertheless I picked up both Szabo Folders and the Domino, I can live with it ;)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
pc87

Post by pc87 »

That is one wicked blade shape! Hate to be on the other end of that.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I know I always say the same thing but...pics?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
K1W1

Post by K1W1 »

That is one mean, wicked, twisted looking knife. Very much Laci Szabo's style. Post some photos up after it has arrived.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I *love* the CF on my Szabo!

It looks like your blacked-out version has the same CF as the Domino? Looks very pretty, but I still think I prefer the lightning-strike CF :D . Good thing Spyderco makes so many different choices available to us, something for everyone to love!

Even though I have no martial-arts or defensive training and don't expect to ever use my Szabo in anger, I still like to carry it sometimes, just to appreciate its beauty, and I find it very comfortable in the hand also.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

Cool looking knife I like it!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I'm not getting one. I know I am not getting one. I am not going to go on like I might get one. However, that is one seriously badass blade. Like modern day pirate badass. I think if you bought one and carried it for a day, it might cause you to find extra hairs on your body. You might find a vein you did not see or the faint outline of abs. The Szabo folder is what those ridiculous "brass balls" hanging from pick up trucks hope they get smelted into in the next life.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I wish they made a 75% version. Also, I can't decide which CF pattern I like better!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

It was a toss up between the lighting strike model or the Vallotton for me but got the latter .
I'd still like this but would prefer the original but with thicker scales the lightning strike cf is aesthetically great but when its made thin it loses some appeal .
Des horn makes some great Lightening strike Cf which tends to be thicker I think this would be better like the black out too though , awesome blade indeed I'd like to sharpen the top edge too :eek: .
But it also saddens me as it reminds me we can't get the balisong fly and when I think of that anodised model I get very sad I know bar emigrating I won't own one .