Superhawk Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Janfrederik

Superhawk Sprint

Post by Janfrederik »

Would anyone like to see a Superhawk sprint run?

I think a Superhawk in Super Blue would be super :D
GSO

Post by GSO »

Yes, and a Superleaf in Super Blue as well!
Invective

Post by Invective »

Bah I'd like a Superhawk or Superlead in SKD-11. With 4mm stock, I'd rather see something with higher toughness than the keen edge that those Aogami steels can take.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I would rather see Spyderhawk SE. Superhawk was sold very poorly. Even now, after several years been discontinued, prices on secondary market is about the same as it was when Superhawk just came out. And to make it now will be more expensive than back than
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I love my Superleaves... I missed out on the Superhawk, but I would love a CF one.

(Hmmmm... scratches head, goes to Ebay.....)
CallsThunder

Post by CallsThunder »

Superhawk would be nice. But I would prefer any new design to take out the front finger choil and allow the blade edge to come all the way back to the handle.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

CallsThunder wrote:Superhawk would be nice. But I would prefer any new design to take out the front finger choil and allow the blade edge to come all the way back to the handle.
Why would you prefer that?
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd love to see a SuperHawk Salt in H-1.

In an ideal world, with both SE and PE options.
Invective

Post by Invective »

Janfrederik wrote:Why would you prefer that?
The Superhawk had one of the lowest cutting edge to handle ratios, at around 57% when the average Spyderco folder has a 65% ratio in that regards. Especially with the large handle, the choil takes away a lot of potential blade length and doesn't add much handle length.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Invective wrote:The Superhawk had one of the lowest cutting edge to handle ratios, at around 57% when the average Spyderco folder has a 65% ratio in that regards. Especially with the large handle, the choil takes away a lot of potential blade length and doesn't add much handle length.
Hmm, okay. I can see that.
CallsThunder

Post by CallsThunder »

Janfrederik wrote:Why would you prefer that?
I prefer to hold the superhawk by the handle without my index finger in the choil...balance feels better and more comfortable. However, when doing so the choil can more easily catch on material being cut since the edge doesn't come all the way back to the handle. Also, in regards to legal edc carry I like to get the greatest length of cutting edge for blade length.
BatCountry9

Post by BatCountry9 »

I'd definitely pick one up, especially if it was a SpyderEdge. I carried the Harpy for years and a chunkier version of that knife with a compression lock would be amazing.