Gone Native

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Per-Sev

Gone Native

Post by Per-Sev »

I posted before about trying to choose between carrying a Native 5 forum and the Domino, as you know I went with the Domino, but my family all went in on a Native 5 for me. So I went looking and found one on eBay and won the auction so I was suppose to get the knife on 9/11 and it never showed. The tracking showed it was out for delivery in Texas then delivered in Florida a hour later. Well after contacting the seller and the post office there was just a matter of waiting to see if it showed up. Today I had a knock on the door and another person who lives in my apartment complex said this was put in his mail box by mistake. I asked him where he lived in here and it was a totally different building with a different apartment number. I offered him a drink since it was very hot here but he had to go so I thanked him and closed the door. My new Native 5 is perfect and came at a good time.
I told some of before I had to have a MRI, well it was worse than I figured it would be and my back is a mess. I will be selling my Native 5 forum and some others, but at least now I will still have a Native to keep, but I can't have it till Xmas or maybe if I beg enough my birthday. If my posts get a little crazy you know why I am on some good pain killers and he wants to do a epidural shot a series of 3 to start with at $200 a shot but he's not sure how much good it will do at this point, the nerve damage and disc damage is extensive. I just want to post a update and thank all of you for the concern.
I Have A High Art: I Hurt With Cruelty Those Who Wound Me. Archilochus 650 BC.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Glad to hear that your Native finally showed up. Good thing your neighbor was a trustworthy person and brought the box to you after it was mis-delivered.

Sorry to hear that your back is even worse than expected, hope the doctors are able to find the proper remedy.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Per-Sev wrote: I told some of before I had to have a MRI, well it was worse than I figured it would be and my back is a mess...........the nerve damage and disc damage is extensive.
I am sorry to hear this.
I have a little to compare with yours back problem. Used to be much worse years ago. Acupuncture helped me a lot. Acupressure mats are very good for pain relief. Take a look it is tons of them now on Amazon around $20-30.
Get better. I am sorry to see your forum knife go.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

rodloos wrote:Glad to hear that your Native finally showed up. Good thing your neighbor was a trustworthy person and brought the box to you after it was mis-delivered.

Sorry to hear that your back is even worse than expected, hope the doctors are able to find the proper remedy.
Thanks I was very lucky with the knife not so lucky with the back well one out two is not bad.
bh49 wrote:I am sorry to hear this.
I have a little to compare with yours back problem. Used to be much worse years ago. Acupuncture helped me a lot. Acupressure mats are very good for pain relief. Take a look it is tons of them now on Amazon around $20-30.
Thanks I never heard of a acupuncture mat, I am picturing a mat full of needles you lay on. Lol. I did just look up the mats and I might just try one they have a lot of good reviews. Thanks
The Forum knife will be easier to let go now that my family bought me the Native 5.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote: I have a little to compare with yours back problem. Used to be much worse years ago. Acupuncture helped me a lot. Acupressure mats are very good for pain relief. Take a look it is tons of them now on Amazon around $20-30.
Also, drinking a LOT of water helps. I've been around 3 quarts /day for a bit now, and it's really helped my back pain, though, like Roman's it's generally not as bad as yours sounds.

Ken
玉鋼
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

kbuzbee wrote:Also, drinking a LOT of water helps. I've been around 3 quarts /day for a bit now, and it's really helped my back pain, though, like Roman's it's generally not as bad as yours sounds.

Ken
I am a big water drinker, I have a 40oz stainless bottle that I fill up at least 5-6 times a day. The pain has changed over the years my back does not hurt as much unless I am standing up and reaching out in front of me like doing the dishes, but now the bottom of my feet are very bad but its weird because there both totally numb, I don't have any feeling in either of my feet yet there hurt very bad, even worse when I walk. Then my sciatica flares up and were really having fun then. I need to lose weight, since I have moved to Florida I have gained 40lbs from not being able to get out much so I just sit round watching TV and eating. I have a nice bicycle but because of my feet I have not been able to ride much, I am hoping that the new pain killers will allow me to get out more, things are better now but I am breaking my pain pills in half so I don't get to tired or messed up on them, hopefully today will be nice and I can get out for a ride before it rains here which seems to be everyday in the summer.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Sounds like you're probably getting enough water. Good for you! A lot of folks don't.

Have you been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy? It sure sounds like that to me. PN can be caused by diabeties or in reaction to certain cholesterol lowering meds. Maybe other causes as well. It damages the nerves in (initially) the feet and hands.

I wish you well, brother. It's a long and painful road you're walking.

Ken
玉鋼
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

kbuzbee wrote:Sounds like you're probably getting enough water. Good for you! A lot of folks don't.

Have you been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy? It sure sounds like that to me. PN can be caused by diabeties or in reaction to certain cholesterol lowering meds. Maybe other causes as well. It damages the nerves in (initially) the feet and hands.

I wish you well, brother. It's a long and painful road you're walking.

Ken
Thank, I do have diabetes and was on Vytorin for my cholestral but take fish oil now. I was told it could be a combination of the two causing the numbness the MRI showed a lot of nerve damage and a lot of disc problems I have two more that have herniated since my last MRI and my future looks bad. I may have to just let them do surgey but my doctor never brought that option up he was more concerned with my weight. I have a lot of masses in my body that could be turned to cancer like they did my sister and that might be one reason not to do the surgey, ones they messed with my sister all those masses became active and she has had all sorts of problems from that, she had breast, bone, brain cancer and so far she's beating it but that first biopsy started it all because it was negative so they kept checking it till finally it turned to cancer and I have similar masses in my chest and stomach so I won't let anyone touch them I will just take my chances. My diabetes has always been under control I am type 2 and just take two pills a day and every time I check my blood sugar its around 89 so my doctor was leaning more towards all the nerve damage in my back, I am also losing feeling I my left hand now but no pain yet. Wow after reading this I am a mess. Lol good think for pain killers they make the day a lot more enjoyable. Thanks again for your concern and diagnoses.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I feel for you and I am sorry to here about all this. Sounds like getting that weight off your spine would help. I have to say after years of exercise and not really watching my diet that closely that they key is both and probably (definitely) more weighted to the diet side of the equation. I exercise regularly but for me diet is the key to everything. The unfortunate reality is no matter how much exercise I do for my body that I still really can't eat a lot, even of the right things. I use to have it in my mind that if I went out and did a lot of exercise I could eat ... not the case. The other thing that has been a game changer for my back is core strength, I started doing plank type exercise and even just remembering when I am walking (or doing any type of activity) to engage my core. This has made a big difference to my back ... a really big difference. Nourish your body, your mind and exercise that is at least within your control.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Just wow... You and your sister will be in our prayers, brother...

Ken
玉鋼
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

DRKBC wrote:I feel for you and I am sorry to here about all this. Sounds like getting that weight off your spine would help. I have to say after years of exercise and not really watching my diet that closely that they key is both and probably (definitely) more weighted to the diet side of the equation. I exercise regularly but for me diet is the key to everything. The unfortunate reality is no matter how much exercise I do for my body that I still really can't eat a lot, even of the right things. I use to have it in my mind that if I went out and did a lot of exercise I could eat ... not the case. The other thing that has been a game changer for my back is core strength, I started doing plank type exercise and even just remembering when I am walking (or doing any type of activity) to engage my core. This has made a big difference to my back ... a really big difference. Nourish your body, your mind and exercise that is at least within your control.
Thanks I know that I need to exercise but its hard to exercise regularly when the pain takes the fun out it. I will just have tolerate the pain and do it then maybe once I get past that first week I can keep it going. Thanks again
kbuzbee wrote:Just wow... You and your sister will be in our prayers, brother...

Ken
Thanks my sister is a trooper going through all this she has still managed to keep working, she is a teacher at a high school down here. She sure deserves better than this it seems when she beats one type it goes into another then she has to start all over. She had all her hair back a few months ago then the brain cancer got here with 4 tumors in her brain. The did a special type of laser surgery and chemo and it dissolved all the tumors and now she just goes once every 3 weeks for follow up chemo, and through all that she hardly missed any work. Thanks again