Techno

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

I used mine for a year during a past receiving job. Cut down at least twenty large cardboard boxes a day.
It's fat, thick but in a way that makes you love a fat cat or chubby baby. Actually reminds me of my `00 Audi S4, it's heavy , chubby, and fat sedan looking but it packs a V6 and two turnips.
The Techno is like that, beefy but the CAR-XHP takes a great edge and makes it a useful powerhouse in many situations.
Sharpdressed man

Post by Sharpdressed man »

78lilred, that is a great photo! And I can see the stone wash. Maybe Spyderco hardens the titanium after the stone wash and polish. (Can titanium be hardened?) So 78lilred, it's your fault for posting that picture, now I have to spend money on a knife rather than feeding my family for a week! LOL
There is only one knife shop near me, it is in a tourist trap location and they charge full retail for every thing. I would like to support my local brick and mortar shops.
Tell me what your thoughts are on web shops vs real stores.
Sharpdressed man

Post by Sharpdressed man »

I have heard the Sage 2's wire clip on the smoth titanium scale is even more slippery. Is that true? Has anyone put some mild grip tape under the clip on the scale to make enough friction to keep that pricy knife in the pocket?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

roninair wrote:Alright the Techno has been out for awhile now, still haven`t purchased one yet so I was wondering how many Spyderco fans still like and use the Techno as an EDC a year later?
It looks like it would fit in the "watch" pocket of a pair of jeans ?
Still sitting on the fence, need your help!
I would highly, highly recommend the Techno for your EDC needs. I EDC mine mostly on the weekends nowadays simply due to the "no weapons [knives]" policy at work. However, the Techno is an exceptional design and would see a lot more time in my pocket if it wasn't for that silly policy. Built like a mini tank, this little guy is all business. The blade is plenty big and stout for most EDC needs, yet it doesn't feel bulky or cumbersome in your pocket. Also, I really like the low-riding wire clip on this knife. It sits just at the edge of your pocket and doesn't scream "knife" to John Q Public. And yes, it should fit very nicely in the watch pocket of most jeans. I would say hop off the "fence" and buy one soon. You will not regret it. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
nullity

Post by nullity »

GTPowers wrote:...It's fat, thick but in a way that makes you love a fat cat or chubby baby...
Hahahaha. :)

Man, you guys do a great job of selling the Techno. I really like the design. Simple, but different.
If only it had a real clip... ;)
oj8

Post by oj8 »

Now I am going to have to get a techno now :) another one added to the list.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Cool LCkid, that is what I mean! :rolleyes:
Tom
roninair

Post by roninair »

Well I fell off the fence, 2 days after ordering a Techno from Warriors and Wonders it arrived at my door ......Why did I take so long to get this .......the feel is amazing and it slid into the watch pocket like was home.Thanks Sal and Eric and all who made the Techno Possible!
ljg

Post by ljg »

I'm glad you got the knife.

I really like the Techno. It calls to me. Unfortunately I like it in all respects except for one thing: cutting. Which kind of sucks, since that's what a knife is for. I find that the spine of the blade is just too thick. I have been toying with trying to thin the blade down to about 3mm, but haven't had the courage yet.
So despite me really liking the Techno, I've got a chaparral in my pocket.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

All I can say about the Techno, is that I went from wanting to sell mine the day after I got it, to carrying it just about every day since I've had it.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

nullity wrote:Hahahaha. :)

If only it had a real clip... ;)
No kidding...the proto had a great clip.
On the hunt for...
endgame

Post by endgame »

very tough little knife.grear edc
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

To pile on...Techno has turned into one of may favorite EDCs. It is small, fits comfortably in pocket with nice rounded handle and is tough. Stone wash makes me feel like I dont have to baby it and I dont worry about handing it to someone like I might with a CF scale knife. And of course, I had my blade modded to remove the hump on the spine to fit my eye better - ait makes me like it even better since it is now one of a kind.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Parkourdude

Post by Parkourdude »

I didn't want to create another thread, so I'll be bumping this one.

For those of you who've carried the Techno for a couple of months to a year. How has the lock been going? Any noticeable wear?
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

Parkourdude wrote:I didn't want to create another thread, so I'll be bumping this one.

For those of you who've carried the Techno for a couple of months to a year. How has the lock been going? Any noticeable wear?
I've been carrying mine every day since August, 2012. During that time, I've cut everything from bell peppers to 5" firehose without any issues and the lock hasn't moved from what I can see.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience