What is your favorite Spyderco for everyday carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
akapennypincher

What is your favorite Spyderco for everyday carry?

Post by akapennypincher »

1 Rescue Jr.

2. Fully Serrated Native

3. Byrd Rescue
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

These three will handle absolutely anything I need.

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Probably the dragonfly. We will see if that changes on Friday when I get my new Gayle Bradley! :)
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

Surfingringo wrote:Probably the dragonfly. We will see if that changes on Friday when I get my new Gayle Bradley! :)
It probably will. The Gayle Bradley is a beast.
And for me it's a sage 1
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I work in a relaxed environment and if I carried a Southfork around hanging from my belt daily, not one person would raise and eyebrow. That being said I always carry a larger folder and a smaller one (sometimes a medium size as well). If it comes down to my favorite knife to edc because I can throw it in the pocket when dressed up or down.... has to be the Caly 3 or 3.5

P.S. my older Caly Jr. now has a deep carry Ti pocket clip and is gaining favor with me again!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Hmm, tough one...depends a little on where I am, who I'm with tasks I expect to encounter and what else is in my pockets!

But...generally these are my favs:

GB
Techno (though I am waiting til I find someone to do me a reasonably priced Ti backspacer to really carry it a lot - I REALLY hate the blue)
Stretch
Caly 3 SB
Michael Walker
Native 4

Those are pretty much my top carries.
On the hunt for...
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Frn Blue Delica

G10 Delica

Stainless SE Delica

Original Paramilitary

G10 D'fly

Frn D'fly

P'Kal

Edit; Some kind of H1 Ladybug.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't really have an absolute favorite because my top favs all have something unique about them that I really love. Currently it's my Rock Lobster, but it's only a matter of time before it gets rotated out with a Para 2, Manix 2, Yojimbo 2, or eventually my forum Native 5.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

kennethsime wrote:These three will handle absolutely anything I need.

Do you plan on getting any other Spydies, or are you content with those?
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Caly 3.5 and nothing else even comes close
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Caly 3.5 and nothing else even comes close
You really like your Caly, I can see. And for good reason too.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

These 3 probably see the most pocket time:

H1 Ladybug hawkbill
Orange Military
G-10 Caly 3
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Janfrederik wrote:Do you plan on getting any other Spydies, or are you content with those?
I would definitely like to! I would add FFG/ZDP Delica, Enurda, Manbug and Ladybug to flesh out that collection, and separately it'd be nice to pick up a Military/Paramilitary combo. the Manix 2 LW may be another addition before too long. This all said, I accrue spydies much slower than some members, being relatively young and with less liquid cash, so these are longer-term goals. In terms of things I really couldn't accomplish with these three though, the only thing I could think of would be a larger fixed blade like say the Bushcraft (or an ESEE 4 or 6) for hard use.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

kennethsime wrote:I would definitely like to! I would add FFG/ZDP Delica, Enurda, Manbug and Ladybug to flesh out that collection, and separately it'd be nice to pick up a Military/Paramilitary combo. the Manix 2 LW may be another addition before too long. This all said, I accrue spydies much slower than some members, being relatively young and with less liquid cash, so these are longer-term goals. In terms of things I really couldn't accomplish with these three though, the only thing I could think of would be a larger fixed blade like say the Bushcraft (or an ESEE 4 or 6) for hard use.
I'm in the same position. You're making me want to get a ZDP collection now, too :p
I've been considering a Stretch for a while, I think you may have just pushed me over the edge :D
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Janfrederik wrote:I'm in the same position. You're making me want to get a ZDP collection now, too :p
I've been considering a Stretch for a while, I think you may have just pushed me over the edge :D
If you're already considering a Delica or Endura, I would highly recommend a Stretch. It fits my hand better than any other knife I've ever handled, is super versatile (useful for anything from hunting to food prep to boxes & packaging to self defense if you had to), super lightweight while still being sturdy, excellent cutting performance from the thin blade, I could go on! You don't realize how badly you need a good choil until you have one on a knife like the Stretch and then compare it to an Endura or similar knife without. The Deacon also considers it to be just about the best EDC knife Spyderco makes.

Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

kennethsime wrote:If you're already considering a Delica or Endura, I would highly recommend a Stretch. It fits my hand better than any other knife I've ever handled, is super versatile (useful for anything from hunting to food prep to boxes & packaging to self defense if you had to), super lightweight while still being sturdy, excellent cutting performance from the thin blade, I could go on! You don't realize how badly you need a good choil until you have one on a knife like the Stretch and then compare it to an Endura or similar knife without. The Deacon also considers it to be just about the best EDC knife Spyderco makes.
I already have a Delica, so I'm pretty sure I would love the Stretch. Basically a bigger Delica with a choil, what's not to love?
Grejs76

Post by Grejs76 »

Pingo...

...only legal spyderco folder in Denmark.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Overall, if I had to pick my favourite all around EDC I'd say my Chaparral 1, followed by Chokwe, and Nishijin Dragonfly in that order.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Still use the S30V Military the most, although I have been carrying the M390 Military more lately.