Which Spyderco's does Sal Carry?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Anyone privy to what Sal is carrying these days or what his favorite Spyderco's are. I know he like the Ladybug/Manbug but I'm sure there are a few more in his rotation that he prefers over others.

Maybe the man himself will comment if I'm lucky.

Actually now that I think of it I'm curious about what Eric prefers as well.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I think they both carry Gerber's.

:)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

jackknifeh wrote:I think they both carry Gerber's.

:)
That was an attempt at humor of course. :rolleyes: :) Last I remember Sal liked the Manbug with ZDP.

Jack
Gtavares

Post by Gtavares »

I've hearded that Sal's most carried (or favorite) knife was a Ladybug...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

It seems like he's always carrying a prototype of some new model they are developing.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Veloweave,

I usuallyhave a small knife with me, Manbug ZDP today. Eric and I are usually carrying and testing prptotypes. Today we are testing the Native Light weight.

sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

sal wrote:...Today we are testing the Native Light weight.

sal
Sweet News! :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Man, I can't wait to see what Spyderco has in store for the Native 5 Lightweight. XHP, please. :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Anything he likes. :D
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Native 5 lightweight... hubba hubba!

In CPM-154 right? right? :D :D :D
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Sal carries all Spydercos :) Not all at once of course. But I think he also has a sweet spot for the Caly 3.5 :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

I bet the native light weight will be a nice one.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I just hope he has 1 of every knife they've made, atleast.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

IG-88 wrote: I think he also has a sweet spot for the Caly 3.5 :)
that's what he was carrying at a knife show about a year ago.
BatCountry9

Post by BatCountry9 »

I wonder if the Native lightweight will have the same FRCP handle as the LW Manix 2. I'd definitely get one of those.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

chuckd wrote:I just hope he has 1 of every knife they've made, atleast.
I confess that I've worried about this myself. Does a complete collection of all Spydercos ever made exist?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

The Edge-U-Cation sheet which accompanies each new ZDP Stretch identifies this knife as one of Sal's favorites, and one which often finds its way into his pocket.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

kennethsime wrote:The Edge-U-Cation sheet which accompanies each new ZDP Stretch identifies this knife as one of Sal's favorites, and one which often finds its way into his pocket.
I knew I'd seen that somewhere, but since he didn't mention it above, I thought he might have moved on to other things. I'm sure he's usually carrying some prototype or other. The most recent one I've seen him mention before the new Native was the Cruwear Millie :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Awesome, thanks for commenting Sal. I remember an interview you did a year or two ago with Nutnfancy and the knife you had on you that day I believe was a Manbug or a Ladybug. Nice to see it's still in your pocket and I think I'll have to check out a Manbug for myself one of these days. I really like the bolstered one and the VG10 is easy to sharpen on my Sharpmaker. I have a Caly3 ZDP coming any day now so I'll get some experience with ZDP and the sharpmaker. Everyone raves about ZDP-189.
sal wrote:Hi Veloweave,

I usuallyhave a small knife with me, Manbug ZDP today. Eric and I are usually carrying and testing prptotypes. Today we are testing the Native Light weight.

sal
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon