Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

[quote="senorsquare"]How are you liking the Cruwear so far Chuck? I have been quite pleased with mine so far.[/QUOTE

I've been putting a coarse.edge with a blue dmt. Seems like a tougher s30v to me. I'm.really liking it too.
mercmaster

Post by mercmaster »

That's a sweet mod nccole... I need to look into doing that with one of mine. Thanks for sharing your mod!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

These were available @ KW for 139.99 all afternoon, hang tight guys, you'll get one if you haven't yet.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

jalcon wrote:These were available @ KW for 139.99 all afternoon, hang tight guys, you'll get one if you haven't yet.
Seems unusual that they had them. For awhile they had this model listed on their front page with other new products, but every time I checked it said they were out of stock. Then I noticed several days ago they had removed all mention of the knife from their website. I searched for it tonight and again there is no mention of the knife anywhere on their website. Another unusual thing is that KC, the only company I know of that was actually taking preorders, has also removed all mention of the knife from their website. I hope that doesn't mean that they have stopped filling their preorders. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a knife from them in a long time.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The lock adjustments on my new Cruwear and Left Hand Millie, bought last June, look very similar and seem ideal to me.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I've been putting a coarse.edge with a blue dmt. Seems like a tougher s30v to me. I'm.really liking it too.
Good that you've got the Cru with you. Must be > midnight there now. Things are pretty rough now according to CNN, waves > 20 feet high, wind gusts at least 235 mph, almost like a monster tornado, with storm surge and mud slides yet to come. The thing looks truly awesome in pics taken from space.

I think the unwanted auto-punctuation in your posts, plus I guess the fact that you can post at all, indicates that your cell towers are still standing at this point :) We can hope your place is out of the direct path. Good luck! (I still wish I lived on an island.)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

A couple hundred kilometers from us got storm signal number 4. We got SS3 but by the grace of God we got of with no untoward incidents. I helped lash down a few houses that were made from light materials and the cru millie with the coarse edge really shined at the rope cutting. We were absolutely glad our preps werent needed but better to look.silly eh? Anyway I'm giddy with relief but very much saddened and hoping the loss of life won't be too bad when everything settles down.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:A couple hundred kilometers from us got storm signal number 4. We got SS3 but by the grace of God we got of with no untoward incidents. I helped lash down a few houses that were made from light materials and the cru millie with the coarse edge really shined at the rope cutting. We were absolutely glad our preps werent needed but better to look.silly eh? Anyway I'm giddy with relief but very much saddened and hoping the loss of life won't be too bad when everything settles down.
Good to hear man, hopefully others in it's path will fair similar.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jalcon wrote:Good to hear man, hopefully others in it's path will fair similar.
Initial reports say some areas got it really bad and that 90% of the structures suffered damage. I just hope not too many lives were lost.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

KW has had the Cruwear Millie available for hours now.

Also, Delica/Endura SB's...
Invective

Post by Invective »

FCM415 wrote:KW has had the Cruwear Millie available for hours now.

KSF has a ton of SB Endura's/Delica's, as well as Ti Delicas for those still looking.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Bladeops has them in stock for $160. I don't need any more (2 is enough). It seems that the initial shortage is over.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Thank you for the heads up. Just got my backup.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
deskil

Post by deskil »

"KW has had the Cruwear Millie available for hours now."
Thanks. Got 'er done!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Figures.... I found a place to take orders for $139 plus free shipping and then KW gets more up for sale. Oh well. FYI, Optics Planet should have some soon also.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

Just ordered mine from Bladeops, NGK also has some.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

FCM, this post (above) was the 666th post on this thread... congrats for not making it any more diabolical than this ;) :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

DougC-3 wrote:FCM, this post (above) was the 666th post on this thread... congrats for not making it any more diabolical than this ;) :D
Yes, nicely done. :spyder:
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Unfortunately by the time I get home they are sold out. I thought they had been removed from the site, I couldn't find them yesterday when someone was talking about them. I did a lot of searching tonight and discovered that they spelled cruwear wrong.

I don't think the demand is over yet, they are still going for big prices on the auction site.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I managed to grab one...S&R Knives had some in stock. Any Toronto (or Canada) peeps that need one can get one there and yes it is $200 but by the time you buy a US one at about $150 and add approx $20-30 for shipping and then do the exchange rate you are pretty much at $200.
On the hunt for...