Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JNewell wrote:Something I noticed looking at mine last night: the edge on many Spyderco blades is often pretty "toothy." The edge on the Cruwear Military sprint, or at least the one I've got here, is a much smoother edge, almost polished. It's also exceptionally sharp, by production knife standards.
I've never shaved with a straight razor, but just for giggles this morning, I tried shaving a flat ~ 3 square inch area on the side of my face with mine and it worked! Not quite as close as my Shick Xtreme3, but it would do in a pinch. I stopped with that -- didn't want to push my luck. Today's an important day for me... Bama football, Redsox baseball, and a local arts & crafts festival, so I didn't get near my throat :D

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home without adult supervision ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

DougC-3 wrote:... Bama football, Redsox baseball, and a local arts & crafts festival, so I didn't get near my throat :D
I'm a lifelong Razorbacks fan and I'm wondering if Bama will put 70 pts on the board against us tonight or if they will stop at 50 :P

While this is not the best year to be a Hogs fan, I can say I've been very fortunate to acquire 2 Cruwear Millies. I had to sell a couple of knives off to make it happen, but so far I'm glad I did. The CC model will be my user and after less than a week of carry the G10 is already taking on a different shade of gray, kind of linen color. It is the one on the right in the photo below. I think this one will age nicely.

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr

senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

DougC-3 wrote:... Bama football, Redsox baseball, and a local arts & crafts festival, so I didn't get near my throat :D
I'm a lifelong Razorbacks fan and I'm wondering if Bama will put 70 pts on the board against us tonight or if they will stop at 50 :P

While this is not the best year to be a Hogs fan, I can say I've been very fortunate to acquire 2 Cruwear Millies. I had to sell a couple of knives off to make it happen, but so far I'm glad I did. The CC model will be my user and after less than a week of carry the G10 is already taking on a different shade of gray, kind of linen color. It is the one on the right in the photo below. I think this one will age nicely.

Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forum mercmaster
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
mercmaster

Post by mercmaster »

Cheddarnut wrote:Welcome to the forums!
DougC-3 wrote:But that was still his first post... He probably just didn't want to rush into things... So I think a hearty welcome is still in order, Mercmaster, and I hope you don't wait that long for your next post ! ;) :D
Holland wrote:welcome to the forum mercmaster
Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen! I'll try to contribute more often to this great forum. :)

Looks like my Cru Wear Millie from Robert will be here on Monday, I'm really looking forward to this one! :spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

senorsquare wrote:I'm a lifelong Razorbacks fan and I'm wondering if Bama will put 70 pts on the board against us tonight or if they will stop at 50 :P

Nice photos! I like the way the G-10 is aging, and it looks like a nice patina is coming along too. I've got a second on order too, originally just to make sure I'd get at least one, but now I'm planning to keep both ;)

As for the football score, I'm sure Saban didn't want to get the score over 50, but you can't hand the ball to a freshman and tell him not to run with it :D (sorry)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

JNewell wrote:Just heard from someone with a KC pre-order that their order shipped this afternoon. Order date was 12/24/12. :eek:
Another person with pre-order in May just got the dreaded "not in stock" email recently.
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

My first Millie and I love it! :D
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Just got mine!
Forgot how big Millies are! Handled one at Blade but I definitely forgot!
BatCountry9

Post by BatCountry9 »

ZL1 wrote:Just got mine!
Forgot how big Millies are! Handled one at Blade but I definitely forgot!
I have those 3 exact knives. :D Three of my absolute favorites. You obviously have great taste. ;)
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

BatCountry9 wrote:I have those 3 exact knives. :D Three of my absolute favorites. You obviously have great taste. ;)
:D
Edge came sharp, but with a burr. Just touched it up on the Sharpmaker and wow. I've gotten 3 hair whittling edges using the Sharpmaker and I think this might be there too. But my hair is too thin to test :(
EVIL1

Post by EVIL1 »

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

EVIL1 wrote:Image
Wow, that's an awesome photo! I didn't need a cruwear Millie til I saw that. :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Looks like mine is delayed in the mail... :(
:bug-red-white
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

If anyone really wants one, there is a legit seller on fleabay selling for $199. Says they have "more than 10 available" too. Strange how the last military sprint was going for almost $400 on there for awhile, lol.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Got mine from NK today. :) A beauty, nicely centered, sharp as a razor. Adding NK to my bookmarks!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

camvdcs wrote:Got mine from NK today. :) A beauty, nicely centered, sharp as a razor. Adding NK to my bookmarks!
Yes, lots of good things to say about this one.

NK provided exceptional service.

The blade on both of those I've got is *really* well sharpened with a great finish.

Both are perfectly centered.

One is a little tight opening and closing - I expect it will smooth out with use. The other is perfect.

I like the fact that this knife uses the traditional pivot rather than the new design used on the blue S90V.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Mine came a little snug, but it's loosened up a lot. I've probably opened it more than 300 times hehe
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

The grinds on the one I'm carrying were a bit uneven. They were pretty close to 15dps but one side widened out to 12-13 degrees at the tip. The knife was otherwise flawless; smooth deployment, centered blade, solid lock. Awesome knife.
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

EVIL 1 ... that is a calendar photo for sure! VERY nice indeed.

Now if I could just get mine shipped. :confused: