Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Yeah you and me both...I have been looking for a live pre-order too. Even though I;m a lefty, I love the military...and I love D2 (which cruwear is like so I hear) so I really want one of these.
I did see some Lefty Standard Military for sale at a few dealers.I would grab one if you don't already have one as I am pretty sure, but not positive they are disco.I wonder if you could blade swap a LH model from a RH if you chose and wanted?
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

I saw a post from Sal somewhere that they are not discontinued, but they are busy pretty much and just don't have a batch planned right now but more likely than not they do intend to produce them again.

It may have been put on "Sal's casual bombshell thread" or the thread created about the LH Millie being discontinued.

Hope that's helpful.

-Zach
Clip

Post by Clip »

The way the tang is ground for the lock prevents RH to LH blade swaps. Still, can't wait for the Cruwear.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I can deal with the Millie as a lefty...the big cutout for the lock is a bit uncomfortable but not horrible.

If Sal were to give us lefties a Millie Sprint I would be so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy though!!
On the hunt for...
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

What sucks more than a broken vacuum cleaner? A thread bump with no new info.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

cheddarnut wrote:what sucks more than a broken vacuum cleaner? A thread bump with no new info.
lol!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Maybe it'll tweak the ether a little and start a cascade of electrons moving in the right direction. Come on, Cruwear.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
sal

Post by sal »

What "new" info are you seeking?

sal
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

sal wrote:What "new" info are you seeking?

sal
Does CPM Cruwear smell like success :D ?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I think just news of the Cruwear Millie arriving in stores. I took Cheddarnut to be talking about how his own no-news thread bump would seem to the rest of us :)

Edit: But, if there's any other random info available, I'm sure we would soak it up like a sponge :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

sal wrote:What "new" info are you seeking?

sal
Sal, he (and many of us ;) ) have been holding our breath waiting for this one...he's turning blue...he's seeking an ETA so he can figure out when he exhale again!!! ;) :D :spyder:

John
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

JNewell wrote:Sal, he (and many of us ;) ) have been holding our breath waiting for this one...he's turning blue...he's seeking an ETA so he can figure out when he exhale again!!! ;) :D :spyder:

John
+1
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

What? There's a cruwear millie?
rickdarris2004

Post by rickdarris2004 »

Looking forward to this one also :) , hopefully soon!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Yep, just tough when u get ur hopes up when u hear its getting ready to ship and the wait is longer than anticipated based on self evaluation of what ready to ship translates as. Sorry for being impatient, it shouldnt be such a big deal in ones life when a knife is shipping, luckily im filling in the space with other activities. Like life. :)
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Pake

Post by Pake »

If you are member, Dvor has this on sale right now at a pretty good price. Look under the military gear sale. Expected ship date is 1-2 weeks, but we know how inaccurate that eta is.
rickdarris2004

Post by rickdarris2004 »

Pake wrote:If you are member, Dvor has this on sale right now at a pretty good price. Look under the military gear sale. Expected ship date is 1-2 weeks, but we know how inaccurate that eta is.
Thanks for the heads up. I signed in and grabbed one. I talked to the guys over there and they said they have a shipment supposedly next Friday. I also got $10 off since it was my first order.
sal

Post by sal »

They should be shipping to collectors by next week. Then we begin filling orders.

sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

rickdarris2004 wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I signed in and grabbed one. I talked to the guys over there and they said they have a shipment supposedly next Friday. I also got $10 off since it was my first order.
I looked at this on their website, but the description still references CPM S30V instead of Cruwear. When you talked to them, they confirmed it was the Cruwear? Their price looks great (even without the $10 discount)!

sal wrote:They should be shipping to collectors by next week. Then we begin filling orders.

sal
SWEET!
greyhulk

Post by greyhulk »

There is a seller that has a few for sale on the bay, but the pics are of S30v..