White FRN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This thread needs a BUMP. Ghost thread for the win. DougC-3 and EvilD prompted me to bring back the White wave. Come on Sal, we know you hear us.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

White FRN is awful. I can't think of any handle material that gets dirty faster than white FRN. It's like all the people that like to wear white G-Shocks. They may look cool but that's it. They get dirty and eventually you can't get them as clean as they used to be. White is showy.

As far as for being offered so people can dye the FRN?.....yeah not many people are going to do that. We are only a small representation of who buys Spyderco knives. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I love white frn and I really don't mind the look of dirty white frn. In fact the white Endura4 was my first Spydie. I sold it not to long ago only because I didn't like the saber grind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

White is not for everybody, but then no color is. Am sure there's at least one person out there who wouldn't think of buying a black handled knife. It definitely gets dirty easily, but so do yellow, pink, lime green, tan, and pretty much any other light color. I'd imagine they're all of little interest to the Felix Ungers of the world, but each of them, including white, has its fans. As for me, while there aren't many FRN handled knives I'd buy anymore, regardless of color, I'd be happy to see a white FRN/VG-10 Stretch and would buy several.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

In fairness, dark brown blends in nicely with dirt. But yeah, still loving my white Endura.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: