Delica 4 FFG vs Meadowlark 2 FFG

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

Thats good to hear, maybe ill try a new cara cara soon. Do you have two seperate makers for your byrd line and china made spydercos? (Also I would love to see a blackout manix 2 xl with a 4.25" blade, maybe thats just a dream but its worth a try)
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

I have a Meadowlark2 and when the mail comes in an hour I'll have a blue ffg delica4.
It can only get better.

New guy here. Started with Spyders/Byrds last month or so and have a Ladybug H1 Hawkbill se yellow and a black se Salt 1.
2 Hawkbills and the Meadowlark2. Love em
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Stitch,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

sal wrote:Hi Stitch,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Thank you, sir.
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

I have a blue delica 4 and the regular frn meadowlark 2, I will be getting a brown delica soon as I have a brown endura and I like the brown a lot better and also the blue gets dirty relatively easily when you carry and use it alot but the brown stays looking the same. Sometimes im a bit too picky keeping my knives clean and new looking though
VictorLouis

Post by VictorLouis »

sal wrote: We also have a byrd forum for input.

I've been carrying the new Meadowlark for the past few days..... The knife is from the new maker.

. Naturally the steel will not be on the same performance level as some of our more specialized steels....

sal
Sal,

I bounced around the Byrd forum a bit and couldn't find reference. Is the 'new' Meadowlark different in any way, or just from 'new maker'? By implication, there's to be a change in steel? Most importantly, how would we tell the difference (if not a new steel)?
Stretch VG10 FRN, Caly Jr. VG10 FRN.