Orange Dodo?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kweb

Orange Dodo?

Post by Kweb »

I have spent a few days trying to find an orange dodo for sale and the only place I could find was asking $200 is this a good price, is there anywhere else to get it? Thank you
My :spyder:'s : Sage 1, Native 4, Cricket, Dragonfly 2, Tenacious, Persistence Blue, Jason Breeden Rescue, Cat, Delica 4 Grey FFG, Renegade, CF Dodo, Orange Endura 4 FFG, Lum Chinese Folder
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Orange Dodo was sold out a while ago. I wouldn't call $200 a "good price", this is what people asking. If you are not in the rush and patient enough, watch secondary market and probably will be able to buy for less. If you check e-bay three out of last four pieces sold in August, were sold on auction for much less.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Post by Donut »

The street price from dealers on the Orange Dodo was around $140-145. It seemed like a lot of people got them and didn't like them. There was a couple months where a lot were going up for sale or trade. After those couple months, I very rarely see them.

I would say that $200 is not that bad, but if you're willing to spend $200 it might be easier to find the carbon fiber one. I'm not sure if those are still available or not, they came out after the orange one and were more expensive, around the $200 range. It seemed like a lot of people didn't want to pay the premium price for a Dodo.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Clip

Post by Clip »

Kweb, I PM'ed you. Also, the orange dodo is available new at Country Knives for $225. If you're looking at $200 used, I'd consider an extra $25 to get NIB. Of course, both of these prices are quite a bit higher than the $137 I got mine at.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I would guess high $100's. For $200 it would depend on your obsession with orange :) .
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

That is one sprint that is gone from most retailers for all practical purposes. I would say 2-hunge was about the going rate at this point. While the Dodo is cool, you are paying 2 bills for about 2 inches of s30v that can only pull cut. I grabbed one from my local store for $50 that was without box and had a smudge on it. Gifted it to my sister who hikes alone in AZ often. I would definitely grab the CF model for the price
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

The street price from dealers on the Orange Dodo was around $140-145. It seemed like a lot of people got them and didn't like them. There was a couple months where a lot were going up for sale or trade. After those couple months, I very rarely see them.

A second hand orange dodo is usually 250 + here arrghh anyone want a lodger :D .
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

Get one if you can find one..of all the knives I own, I get more questions on this little knife than any knife I carry. It's kinda limited in it's uses but you'd be surprized at how many things it can be used for.