Looking for a Stretch 2 ZDP-189 Carbon Fiber

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheChunk91

Looking for a Stretch 2 ZDP-189 Carbon Fiber

Post by TheChunk91 »

Does anybody know of a place that still has a Stretch 2 ZDP-189 Carbon Fiber *EDITED*
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

There have been a couple on bladeforums for sale recently but that has been the only place I have seen them in the last year besides eBay. Good luck in your search, great knife, I really enjoy mine.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
araneae

Post by araneae »

FYI wanted to buy posts are against forums guidelines. You should consider editing your post before a mod does it for you.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

CF Stretch is a GREAT knife...you are justified in wanting one. I found one (a user) on BF a few weeks ago. Just be diligent in your search (& maybe be willing to buy a user instead of NIB).
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I just bought a NIB baby blue FRN stretch on BF yesterday. Yes, of course I'd like CF, but I had a blue FRN once, NIB, which I had to sell. This time, I'll keep it. I really don't carry these things, but I surely love to look at 'em.
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

Yeah ive been looking on BF but cant find any for sale at all. I have a green ZDP stretch but the CF looks so much better and is no doubt more solid feeling, I just want the CF to collect and ill carry my FRN more and maybe stonewash it. I will hopefully get lucky eventually though
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Dang, I just sold one of my CF's on BF literally just this morning! It's my favorite knife and I have enough to last me several lifetimes so I passed it along.

I don't look at the FRN version as the "lesser" like some do. Sure, the CF is more prized but in use, the FRN with better grip, lighter weight, and ever so slightly smaller overall size has made it my go to EDC. Do not underestimate FRN's strength either! It's a tough knife.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

Dont get me wrong, the frn performs all the same as the cf im sure but the cf is definately more high end (materials) and better looking (to me) so I want both, but what spydie nut doesnt haha.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

It is certainly nicer with the full stainless steel liners but I also have a FRN/VG10 version and it is every bit the knife the carbon fiber one is and I don't hesitate to use it on something that may cause damage when I pull it out of my pocket.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

I would like to get a VG-10 as well, ZDP is great and I love it but I do not love that is rusts easily so carrying it in your pocket and using it while trying to prevent rust is a pain, mine has started developing a patina which looks bad to me on such a beautifully polished blade. Im wondering though if I stonewashed it would that hide the patina?