2013 ukpk ffg

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

2013 ukpk ffg

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So according to the spyderco site this knife is out but I can't find it anywhere. It's not even listed on most sites. Help spyderco forumites!!

I've seen videos on YouTube and some threads discussing it as if they got the knife back in January. I'm seriously confused. Is it out? Not out? On its way out?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Cobra,

They're out. I've got one in my pocket right now. They've been available for a while.

sal
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thanks Sal! Straight from the source!

I still can't find them anywhere for purchase but I'll keep digging!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Jax

Post by Jax »

Is the g10 ffg drop point ukpk that I see in warriors and wonders a 2013 model?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Nope :(
That's the store I'm wanting to buy it from when it gets in buy at this point I'd grab it from anywhere that has it.

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

I got mine from Cutlery Shop a few months ago. I would email them to see if they have any.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Email sent. Thanks.

@liquid_cobra
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I just checked several big, online retailers and none of them have the model listed. Perhaps it is slowly trickling out.
pezie

Post by pezie »

I ordered mine in January from Heinnie Haynes in the UK. If you can't find the knife anywhere in the US and want it badly enough to be willing to pay ~75 % over the lowest US street price of the hollow grind model, HH has it in stock.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

pezie wrote:I ordered mine in January from Heinnie Haynes in the UK. If you can't find the knife anywhere in the US and want it badly enough to be willing to pay ~75 % over the lowest US street price of the hollow grind model, HH has it in stock.
Thanks for that. But part of the reason I want it so bad is the price lol.

@liquid_cobra
Nizica

Post by Nizica »

Just got mine in the mail from Amazon. I was expecting a hollow grind, but instead got a FFG. Pleasant surprise!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ill try there. Thanks!

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi, also got mine from Amazon, though they acted as the storefront for Outfitter Country. They (OC) also have listings on the 'bay, with the added benefit of having semi-regular sales, that unfortunately don't translate to their Amazon storefront. Anyway, they are out there and I swapped the scales of an orange UKPK rescue with a black UKPK FFG drop point blade to make this orange beauty:

[ATTACH]22587[/ATTACH]
Attachments
OrangeDayE.JPG
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Donut

Post by Donut »

Nice, I didn't know the 2013 drop point was out yet. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Isn't the drop point the older model? Oh and I can't find the 2013 model on amazon haha.

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

You're right, it's the leaf blade that's new, not the drop point. My bad! Love the drop point version though, it's like a smaller slipit Stretch...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So I searched for a long time last night and came up with only one place I could find that sells it. And they are in the uk. Can't afford to pay in pounds! Maybe I should just order it from the spyderco store. Pay msrp?

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

No, the leaf came out first, before we even heard of the drop point version coming out.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Donut wrote:No, the leaf came out first, before we even heard of the drop point version coming out.
No we mean this years 2013 model is leaf only.

@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

2013 model is not Leaf Only. I think the FFG Drop Point blade was on display at Blade before I had ever heard of it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.